Chapter Eight

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of update! I've had a busy weekend, and I was unable to write. Here's the next chapter though! I hope you like it! :)

************************************************************

        After their very eventful evening, Camila and Lauren finally arrived back at Camila's house. By the time they got back, it was almost midnight and the two were drained. Lauren helped Camila get ready for bed by finding her pyjamas, putting toothpaste on her toothbrush, and even preparing her a small plate of grilled cheese since Camila hadn't eaten anything for dinner. When Camila had finished brushing her teeth, she dismissed Lauren and let her get ready for bed herself. Luckily for Lauren, she was able to grab some bedtime essentials and an outfit for the following day when she was dropped off with Camila at her house. 

        Lauren dressed in her pyjamas, brushed her teeth, then relocated herself into the spare bedroom that had already been prepared for a guest. The room was a lovely tan color, which matched the bedroom set nicely. She assumed that this was because Camila wanted to make a room nice for a guest that can actually see it and enjoy the decor. Lauren liked it, as well as the bed that was so soft, that she felt like she was laying on top of a cloud in the sky. She could easily fall asleep, but with Camila in the next room, she couldn't help but lay there and think about her.

        She thought about all of the things she liked about Camila, even though they couldn't be together at this moment in time. Lauren thought about her higher-pitched, raspy laugh that made her heart skip a beat. She loved the way that both Camila's talking and singing voices were so distinct and so valuable, that they could be heard above anyone else's. Camila's long, dark brown hair that flowed down her back really got Lauren going. Especially her eyes... those greyish-white orbs that sparkled in the light were so beautiful. No one had eyes like her. Camila was just a very uniquely perfect woman that really made Lauren feel wanted all the time. There was never one person in Lauren's life that had been so powerful, so beautiful, so... flawless.

        Even though Lauren's mind was racing with these thoughts, she knew that she would have to be well-rested tomorrow for the big move. Lauren closed her eyes, then drifted off into a deep sleep. Over the course of the night, she tossed and turned due to not being home in her own bed. It was a restless sleep for Lauren, who was jealous of Camila, who was probably sleeping very well in the next room. 

        Nightmares also came to Lauren that night when she actually managed to get to sleep. All of them had something to do with Camila. One nightmare had to do with Lauren choosing Dylan over her, and she deeply regretted it later when she had gotten married to him. Another was Camila strolling away from her on a walk they were taking, and she ended up getting hit by a bus that was unable to stop in time. The final nightmare, which killed her, involved Camila firing her and telling her that she wanted nothing to do with her. That was the worst of all for Lauren. Her biggest fear is to lose the person that meant the most to her, and she refused to let that happen.

        Early the next morning, Lauren was awoken by Camila, who was shaking her arm with much force. Lauren, who was almost pushed off the bed, questioned how Camila was able to do this with just one arm.

        "Camila?! What the—?!" Lauren screamed, getting cut off by Camila.

        "I needed your help with something, Lauren." 

        "What time is it?"

        "It's about four o'clock in the morning."

        "Do you always get up this early, Camila?" Lauren questioned.

        "No, but I couldn't sleep. Would be okay to be up this early? I'd like someone to talk to." she explained.

        "You haven't slept all night?"