Chapter Twenty-One

A/N: Just wanted to say thank you again for all of your overwhelming support! 'Lightning' has now reached #433 in Fanfiction! Hope you enjoy this chapter, because I tried to make it fluffy. So, I hope you guys like fluff (or else you wouldn't be here, amiright?). 

Lauren returned home bright and early in the morning with her medication in hand. When she walked through the door, the only person in the room was Camila. The twins weren't there, and neither were Ally, Dinah, or Normani.

"Where is everyone?" Lauren asked her girlfriend, who was sitting on the couch twiddling her thumbs around.

Camila answered her nervously, "They wanted us to have some alone time. They've moved the twins and their stuff to the girls's house next door."

"Oh, cool. Now I do recall that you said that I owed you a make-out session later. Am I right?" 

"Uh, yes." she responded, with nervousness completely evident in her voice. 

Lauren finally began to noticed that something was up, so she asked, "You sound off. Is something wrong?"

"Uh, no. Nothing's wrong. I'm just kind of nervous." 

"About what?"

Camila finally glanced up at her girlfriend that stared at her with a confused look etched into her face, then finally answered, "About these reservations that I've made for us tonight."

"The what?" Lauren asked for clarification.

The small, adorable girl in front of Lauren got up from the couch and quickly said, "I'm taking you on a date." She looked back down at the ground, with butterflies erupting in her stomach.

Without a response, Lauren embraced her girlfriend in a huge, warm hug and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. Lauren whispered to Camila, "You are the most adorable little thing that I've ever met." The two pulled apart and Lauren asked, "So where are we going? And when?"

"I've only made reservations for a romantic lunch, rather than a dinner, since we have to get back to the girls and the twins once two o'clock hits. We're also only going to Olive Garden. I'm not sure if you like it or not, but I really have taken a liking to their bread sticks. Is this okay? I can always cancel them if you want..." she trailed off.

"No, no, no! I love Olive Garden! It was a great choice I think. And it really shows that you're starting to get to know me." Lauren smiled at her girlfriend who was not very confident in their afternoon plans. "Plus, they do have killer bread sticks."

Camila gave Lauren a shy smile and a small giggle that warmed Lauren's heart. No matter how many times she looked at Camila, Lauren fell in love even more each time that she did. The butterflies would always fly back to her stomach, and she'd feel like she was walking on air every time she remembered that she had found love with someone as amazing as Camila.

Soon enough, it was time for them to leave, and they both piled into Lauren's car. On the way to Olive Garden, the two played quiet pop music from the radio. They heard their favorite artists like Demi Lovato, Taylor Swift, and Ed Sheeran, which caused them to turn up the volume a little. 

They arrived after a twenty minute ride, and Lauren began to open her own door. Camila stopped her quickly, causing Lauren shut her door again.

"What's wrong?" Lauren asked.

Camila gave her a cute smile and responded, "Don't even think about letting yourself out of the car. I want that to be my job. I'm taking you on a date, so I figured that I should hold the door open for you and help you get out of the car."