Chapter Four

Lauren woke up to the feeling of her torso being crushed by unidentified mass. She opened her eyes to see that Camila had taken a seat right on top of her. It took her a while to understand why she would do this, but then she remembered, Camila was blind and probably didn't even know that Lauren had taken a nap on her couch. In attempt to catch her attention, Lauren gently poked at Camila's side, causing her to jump and let out a crisp, raspy scream that caused Lauren to giggle.

        "Who is that?! Who's there?" she asked, frightened.

        "It's me, Camila!" Lauren shouted with a laugh.

        "Lauren?!" she turned to face her. "I thought you had left after I fell asleep during the story."

        "The day isn't even over yet, Camila. Did you really think I would leave you without formally saying goodbye? I just decided to take a nap on the couch while you took one yourself."

        "I thought the couch felt a little lumpy."

        "Hey!" Lauren exclaimed, pretending to be hurt.

        The two of them erupted into a fit of laughter as Lauren sat upright on the couch. They continued like this for about a minute, and Lauren couldn't help but admire how Camila was when she was this ecstatic and whimsical. She loved her face when it lit up as she smiled, the way her chest moved up and down as she laughed uncontrollably, and especially her laugh itself. It was very unique to Lauren, hearing how raspy it was, and how the pitch of her laugh increased during short, spaced out increments of time. Lauren had never heard a sound so delightful, so graceful, so perfect...

        When the laughter finally ended, Lauren stood up and got a glance of the time on the clock that hung up in the room above her television set. It was about three o'clock, which was an awkward time that was way past lunch, but non quite dinner time. Her eyes landed on the television set again. She hadn't ever noticed it before, and it dumbfounded her as to why Camila had one. 

        "Camila. Why do you have a TV? Wouldn't it be hard to watch it?" Lauren asked.

        "I don't watch it. I listen. It's difficult to actually understand what is actually happening on TV, but I manage to create a visual image based off of what I hear. Most of the time I feel that I picture it wrong, but that okay. Listening to TV is like reading a book... you visualize it the way that you feel best suits that story. That's the thing I love about books. No one ever tells you that the way you picture it is wrong, as everyone has their own individual thoughts on what a certain part means. I would honestly rather to listen to TV than watch it, since I love to use my imagination. You should try it with me sometime, Lauren." she explained.

        "Very insightful. I love the way you think, Camila."

        "Thank you. Would you like to do that now? We could listen to TV together?" 

        "How would we do that?" Lauren questioned.

        "Just turn on the TV, put on any show you would like, then close your eyes and try to envision it with me." Camila answered with a smile.

        "Okay." she returned the smile.

        Lauren located the remote on the table beside the couch, and flicked through the channels till she managed to find the TV show 'FRIENDS'. She placed the remote back on its spot on the table, then closed her eyes. Before doing so, she managed to catch a glimpse on Camila smiling, indicating that she knew this show as well. They both sat together without a word, until the theme song came on. Camila and Lauren joined in together to sing along to the familiar tune, creating an excellent two-part harmony.