Chapter Eighteen

Camila and Lauren arrived home with the babies, not knowing at all what to do. They hadn't though through this situation entirely, as they had taken home two newborns that required cribs, diapers, and toys. Lauren knew a lot about taking care of people, and she assumed that babies were just that to a larger extent.

"Where are they going to sleep, Lauren? We really should have through this through." Camila told Lauren, who had been thinking the same thing. "Maybe we should call the girls next door. They might know what to do."

Lauren nodded, then sat down on the couch beside Camila who had Cameron in her arms. She pulled out her cell phone and dialed their neighbors's house phone number. After three short rings, Ally picked up the phone.

"Hello?" she asked in a sleepy voice, reminding Lauren that it was around midnight and she must have been asleep when she called.

Lauren replied, "Sorry to bother you guys so late at night, but we have some news that may come as a shock to you."

"What might that be? Did Camila actually get full from eating for once?" she half-joked.

"Uh, no. That would probably be even more shocking than what I have to say. But, my best friend died tonight, and she kind of requested for Camila and I to raise her twins. I have no idea what we're supposed to do without any supplies. So I guess what I'm trying to say Ally, is that Camila and I suddenly became moms and we need help." Lauren explained to Ally, trying to make the situation sound less extraordinary that it actually was.

There were a few moments of silence on the other line, but Ally finally managed to answer, "That's... unexpected. What do you want me to do for you both? Do you want me to wake everyone up and come over? Because I can do that."

"If it's not a problem, that would be awesome Ally!" she smiled as she glanced down at the sleeping Laurie in her arms.

"Alright, we'll be over in five." she told Lauren, sounding a little more awake now due to the crazy news that she had just received.

The two both hung up and Lauren turned to face Camila, who was cuddling Cameron in her arms. Lauren was about to tell her the plan, but she was too busy admiring how gorgeous her girlfriend looked holding him. Despite the fact that these children just became theirs, Camila looked so loving towards Cameron. Whenever Camila had been doing anything that had brought out her true smile, she just looked stunning. As much as she wanted to keep watching the sight, Camila had looked up and faced Lauren.

"What did they say, Lauren?" she asked.

Lauren responded, "They'll be over very soon. Ally was pretty shocked to hear the news, but she was pretty enthusiastic to help even though it's midnight."

"That's great news." Camila smiled.

There was a knock on the door, and Lauren got up slowly so that she didn't wake up the sleeping Laurie in her arms. When she opened the door, she saw Ally, Normani, and Dinah standing anxiously to see the babies. Ally ran in ahead of the other two and rushed up next to Lauren. She slapped her hands on her cheeks when she had a better look at Laurie.

"She's so cute!" Ally announced. "Where is the other?!"

Lauren nodded her head over in Camila's direction, and Ally was quick to sit next to her. Normani and Dinah walked into the house next, and they both shut the door behind them. The two got next to Lauren and admired the sleeping child.

"What's her name?" Dinah asked, smiling at Lauren.

Lauren smiled back and replied, "Her name is Laurie. My best friend named her after me. The other is named Cameron after Camila."