Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N: Above is a picture of what Anneliese looks like! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter! (Also! I posted a prologue to another one of my stories called 'Time Machine'! Check it out if you want something else that might be pretty cool to read!)

Camila and Lauren arrived at the hospital where they were going to have their meeting with Anneliese. The two hadn't slept since Lauren had received the phone call because they were so excited about the news that they had gotten. Although their hearts were broken at the sound of losing their friend Dylan, the two were repeatedly reminded that Camila would soon earn the sense that she deserved: vision.

They were led into the room that Lauren had once been admitted to, where Anneliese laid in bed waiting for them. She was reclined up so that she could be eye-to-eye with the girls as she spoke to them about the whole situation and what was going to be happening.

"Hi Anneliese! It's good to see you again," Lauren said with a smile. She turned to her girlfriend beside her and introduced her, "This is my girlfriend that I've been telling you so much about. Her name is Camila."

The elderly woman in front of them replied, "It's very nice to meet you Camila. You're very pretty. I can't wait to see the look on your face when you see yourself for the first time."

"It's nice to meet you too! And thank you. I want to see Lauren before I see anything else though. She'd going to be the first and last thing that I ever see. Unless she dies first," Camila laughed.

"That's very sweet," Anneliese replied. She pulled an envelope out of the hospital desk drawer, then handed it off to Lauren. "Dylan left this for you, Lauren. I'm not sure what's inside, but it's presumably a letter."

Lauren nodded, then carefully opened up the letter. When she pulled out the paper inside of the envelope, two smaller pieces of paper came out with it. Lauren didn't look down at what had fallen out yet, and she decided to read the letter first.

Dear Lauren,

If you've received this letter, it means that I've gone into a coma or passed away because of my Diabetes. By now, my grandmother Anneliese has probably told you the news. I'm donating my optic nerve, as well as any other parts of my eyes that may be needed to give Camila the ability to see. Now that I'm gone away, I thought that I may as well give my eyes to someone who really needs them. I've heard about the new operation that doctors can do for the blind, and I figured that you guys needed to find a donor. And that's exactly what I'm going to be.

Also in this letter is a gift for you. I've purchased two VIP tickets for you and Camila to go and see Lana Del Rey on the day after the jigsaw puzzle competition. If I'm remembering correctly from our date, you told me that you've been dying to meet Lana. I originally bought them for you and I, but I thought that you should take Camila instead. She would enjoy it more. You deserve to meet your idol for all that you've done for me, and for her.

You probably don't know this about me Lauren, but I've had a rough life up until I met you. I've only known you for a short time, but you didn't treat me with disrespect like most people would have. Camila, too. Neither of you guys judge people based on what disability or flaw they possess. That's what I like about the two of you. And I hope that you guys continue to act with kindness towards everyone else that you meet and come across. Anyways, people have always judged me for eating sugar free and diet things. But not you two. You both deserve what you have coming for you. 

The storm is clearing now, and soon you two are about to be welcomed to a world where everything that you once dreamed of is a reality. Everything that the two of you have worked for together is about to be yours. The vision, the competitions you're entering, and the relationship that the two of you have built together... they're all yours for the taking. When you walk out of the hospital together, hand-in-hand, I want you to look up to the sky together and realize that you've braved the storm. You guys did it.