Chapter Forty-Three

A/N: Guys! We've made this story get up to #179 in Fanfiction, which is absolutely amazing! I really want to do something for you guys as thanks, but I haven't figured something out just yet. Also! I posted a short introduction to another story called 'Robotic Love' (it's Camren because, what else would it be?). So check that out if you're interested! Don't forget to vote/comment/follow as you've always done. You're all truly amazing readers!

Boxes upon boxes were beginning to pile up in Lauren's house as she began to pack for yet another big move. She decided to say yes to Annabelle's mother's offer, since it was basically being served to her on a silver platter. If she was offered the rooms in their house for doing nothing, she would have said no. But she was essentially Annabelle's babysitter now in exchange for two rooms in the house. Everything was starting to look up, and Lauren never even bothered to question when they'd fall back down again.

Lauren was currently at the house that she had before she moved in with Camila, Normani, Dinah, and Ally, since she had to clear it out of all of her stuff. The house was going on the housing market soon, so she would at least have some money to hang onto for her next house. Unfortunately, the money she spent on a nice house in Miami would probably earn her a crappy apartment in the gross part of Los Angeles, which is why she was glad to be moving in with Annabelle and her family.

She was now packing all of her little trinkets from her bedroom that she was probably going to bring for her own at the newest house that she'd be moving to. Among these things were a photo of her and Vero, a set of Harry Potter books, and even the pair of glasses that she kept but never really needed. Lauren was near-sighted, but not bad enough to actually need glasses. Much to her luck, she was probably blinder than Camila now. 

After about half of an hour, all of the small things in her room were packed up into a few boxes. By now, everything small was packed away, never to be seen again till she opened up the boxes again in about a week. It saddened Lauren to see all of her things packed away, even if it meant going to be with the love of her life again. Just to see all of her memories packed up into boxes was kind of heartbreaking to her. Now that all of the small things were hidden away behind brown cardboard, all she had left was the furniture that she'd be moving to storage eventually. She would have sold it all, but she knew that she would need it for her future home when she got around to purchasing one.

Lauren's phone buzzed in her pocket, and she wondered who could have been calling at that hour. It couldn't have been Camila since she was working on her next performance, and it couldn't have been Annabelle's family since they were all packing for the same big move. She pulled the phone out of her pocket, then noticed Mr. Holland's name flashing upon the screen. Lauren didn't entirely understand why he was calling, since he knew that she was moving away, but she didn't hesitate to answer it.

"Hello?" she questioned him. 

"Hey, Lauren! I have a proposition for you!" he exclaimed.

Lauren let out a sigh, knowing that he had probably forgotten what was happening. "Mr. Holland, I already told you that I was moving. Plus, I don't think I could handle another job while I'm watching over Annabelle."

"It's not about a job, Lauren. How would you like to go back to school?" he asked. Now she was confused.

"What are you going on about, Holland?" she questioned him. "What schooling are you talking about? I don't have money to go back to school, when I should be saving up for my own house."

She heard him laugh on the other line. He was really starting to confuse her. "Money is not an issue, Lauren. See, one of my good friends from college is a doctor, and he has offered to pay for your schooling."

"Oh?" She still didn't completely understand him. "How did you know that I wanted to go back to school? I don't believe I've ever told you that. Plus, I don't know why one of your friends would pay for me, when they have no idea who I am."

"That's where you're wrong. I'm not sure if you remember, but a while ago on your plane back to Miami, you met Doctor Ryan Anderson? Again, I'm not sure if you remember, but he had a little daughter named Sarah. He mentioned that you two rode together," Mr. Holland explained.

Suddenly, she remembered exactly what he was talking about. "Yeah! I remember now. We were talking about Camila and Annabelle, and how I sort of wished that I could be the one to make the blind see for the first time. I was interested in being the type of doctor that would perform the type of operations like the one that helped Camila. Being a nurse is wonderful, and I definitely feel like I'm changing people's lives while being one. But I want to be the person who really helps the blind," Lauren explained. "I'd love to take him up on his offer, but I don't understand why he would offer schooling to someone who he barely even knows."

"He told me that when he first met you, you seemed like something out of the ordinary. When you spoke to him, he was moved by what you had to say. He saw how genuine you were, Lauren. You explained to him how you wanted to make a change in the world, and he kind of saw you as some type of angel who came down from Heaven to make good occur in the world. Of course the two of you have only met once, but he didn't need to hear anything else from you that could possibly make him anymore right in his decision. I'm actually with Doctor Anderson right now. Will you take him up on the offer? Classes will begin in Los Angeles at the end of the summer if you're up for it," he said to Lauren.

It didn't even take Lauren a second to think it over. The offer was way too amazing to pass up. "Of course I'll do it! Tell Doctor Anderson that I'm so thankful for all that he's doing. He won't regret making this decision, because I'm going to give this my all." Lauren was smiling so much that her face was beginning to hurt.

"Alright, Lauren. I'm going to let you go now, because I've got to get some paperwork filled out for a client of mine. I'll talk to you soon. Keep in touch with me. Okay, Lauren? I want to see how everything works out for you. I'd also want to hear more about how your life is going sometime," he said.

"Of course. Goodbye, Mr. Holland."

"Goodbye, Lauren." There was a click on the other line, and the call finally came to an end. 

Everything was really starting to look up for Lauren, and she figured that it must have been good karma for her trying to do the right thing all the time. But life was like a roller coaster. What goes up, must eventually come down. However, this was the wrong time to think of anything going wrong. 

Now that she had finished putting away all that she could, Lauren thought that it was best to return to her family's house where her twins were. It was getting late, and she was grateful that she was finished with everything before night fell. Quickly, she placed everything neatly in the corner of her bedroom, then made her way to her front door. When she opened her door, her eyes were greeted by someone that she didn't expect—Camila's mother, Sinuhe. She looked like she was just about to knock on the door, when Lauren saw her.

"Mrs. Cabello, what brings you here? Better yet, how did you know that I was here?" Lauren asked.

"I saw your car parked here on my way to the grocery store, so I figured I would come and talk to you about something important," she answered.

Lauren raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What's that?"

"Camila tells me that you two are engaged. That's what I'd like to go over with you."

Lauren could see that Camila's mother was angry-looking, and she knew that this wasn't going to go over well. And just when she thought that things were going great.