Chapter Nineteen

Lauren was awoken by a loud knocking on the bathroom door, and she had wished that she could have had a few more minutes of sleep. When she realized that it was Camila banging on the door, she began to freak out because of the puke that was left over in the toilet from a few hours ago. As soon a the door opened, Lauren scrambled to the flush handle, only to remember that Camila was blind and that she was freaking out over nothing.

"Lauren? Did you fall asleep in the bathroom?" Camila asked.

Lauren responded with a question, "What does it look like?"

"I don't know, Lauren. You tell the blind person what it looks like." she giggled, warming Lauren's heart.

"Sorry about that. I was just over tired and I just so happened to crash in here after I had gone to the bathroom before bed."

Camila continued to laugh and responded, "That's totally fine. It's not like there are any other places to sleep in this house anyways."

Lauren's girlfriend reminded her of something. The house was only a one-bedroom, one-bath, kitchen, and living room house. If they were to raise the twins there, it would be nearly impossible due to the lack of a second bedroom.

"You just reminded me of something, Camila. When the twins grow older, they are going to want a room. I'm thinking that we should invest in a larger house. Or at least one that has a second room. What do you think? Should we start looking?" Lauren proposed.

"I'd love to start looking." Camila joked.

Lauren was far to exhausted to get the joke, so she just responded, "Cool."

"Hey!" her girlfriend shouted. "That was a funny joke and it went right over your head."

Lauren tilted her head in confusion, and asked, "What joke?"

"You said 'Should we start looking?' and I responded 'I'd love to start looking.' Get it? Cause I'm blind?"

This caused Lauren to laugh so hard that it made her stomach hurt. However, her stomach hurt in a good way rather than a bad one.

"Only you would make a joke about that, Camila."

"You're right! It's because I'm funny!"

Lauren smiled at her over tired girlfriend, then got to her feet slowly in order to prevent herself from getting dizzy again. Camila sensed that she had stood up, so she walked over to her girlfriend and embraced her in a hug. She stood on her tip-toes and pursed her lips at Lauren as if wanting a kiss, but Lauren couldn't return it yet. After all, she had just thrown up in the toilet a few hours ago and she hadn't had the opportunity to brush her teeth yet.

In order to avoid this tricky situation, Lauren asked, "What are you doing there, Camila?"

"I want a kiss from my amazing girlfriend." she said, giving Lauren a goofy and adorable smile.

"Not right now you don't, I haven't even brushed my teeth yet. It'll tasted disgusting. Trust me, I once dated this guy who didn't brush his teeth, and our first kiss tasted like garbage." Lauren lied to save herself.

Camila replied, "Alright, fine. But you owe me a make out session later, alright?"

She poked Lauren on the nose and skipped out of the bathroom happily. Camila was finally happy with her life, and Lauren had to go and get sick. She needed to find time to visit the hospital without Camila knowing, so she could figure out what was wrong with her, but she didn't know how to find the time. Lauren couldn't postpone this for much longer, since it may have been something very serious.