Chapter Eleven

"Mom! She didn't actually mean she'd do it for free! This is her job, and it is the only way she can afford her house and expenses! Lauren was using an expression to show how much she loved working for me!" Camila yelled to her mother, who was on the other line of her phone call. "Fine! Bye!"

Camila hung up her phone in a fit of rage, and Lauren pulled her into a hug to comfort her. To her best understanding, Lauren only assumed that Sinu had made her decision final about cutting her payments. At this point, the only thing Lauren could do was sell her house and stay there with Camila until she found another job, unless Camila wanted her to stay there permanently. Lauren wouldn't mind being there forever, since Camila brought her all the joy and happiness that she would ever need.

The two pulled apart from each other, and Lauren said, "I guess that means I'll be staying here."

Camila gave a slanted face and replied, "That's what seems to be happening. I really wouldn't mind it if did stay. Although, I really must apologize for my mother's words and actions. It was extremely rude for her to start an argument with me while you were here. I'm truly sorry Lauren, I really am."

"It's totally okay, Camila. Why don't we go out somewhere tonight? Are you up for it? I think we just need to get out of the house for a little while to take a breather." Lauren said.

"Well I definitely agree that we both need a break from all this and need a night out. You know what I've always wanted to do that my mother would never even think to let me do?"

Lauren gave Camila a bewildered look and responded, "What might that be?"

"I want to go out to a club or something fun like that. My mom thinks that I'd be irresponsible to go to one, and well, I don't suppose I'm under her rule any longer."

"Camila, don't take this the wrong way, but I kind of agree. I mean, I don't think you're irresponsible, but what do you plan on doing at a club?"

"You know, what everyone else normally does. I want to dance!" she answered excitedly.

"Do you even know how to dance? And wouldn't you hurt your arm dancing?"

"My arm will be fine if I'm careful. And no, I can't dance, but do you know the expression 'dance like nobody is watching?' Well, I figured that I would enjoy dancing because I'm blind. How can I know if anybody is watching if I can't look to see if they are?"

Lauren replied, "That's very... insightful, Camila. I never thought you would ever insult your non-ability to see."

"There's two types of people in this world, Lauren. The ones who complain about what they're stuck with, and the others like me who accept it and live life to the fullest. Even though I can't see, that doesn't stop me from being able to have fun. Let's go to the club, Lauren! Come on!" Camila said enthusiastically.

"Alright, Camila. I'll take you to a club tonight. Just don't have too much to drink, okay?"

"Of course, I'm not that stupid. Plus, I've never had alcohol, and all that I ask is that you let me try some tonight. Like, come on, I'm twenty-five and I've never had anything to drink!"

"Sure." Lauren answered with a nod, unsure of how good of an idea this whole club thing was. "Now, we should probably start getting ready."

As she said this, Lauren glanced down at herself to see that she was still in her pyjamas from rushing to Camila's in the storm. She remembered that she didn't have any clothes with her, then she looked up at Camila.