Chapter Thirteen

A/N: It's been a while hasn't it? Well I edited this chapter and deleted 14-16. I wanted to change the whole car accident thing, because I thought it was overused and unoriginal. Now that I'm on vacation, I plan on writing a lot more. So get ready! Hope you like the new direction that this story is going in!

"Lauren, my arm hurts." Camila complained to Lauren as soon as they arrived back at Lauren's house. "Could you have a look at it or something?"

Lauren frowned, the answered, "Sorry, Camila. Unfortunately, it's going to be like for a while. You broke it in several places, so it's going to be pretty painful for a few weeks. It'll get better, I promise. For now, all I can give you is some Advil. It'll help you at least some."

"It didn't hurt back at Ally, Dinah, and Normani's house though. Why is it hurting so much now?"

"You were probably having too much fun to notice it." Lauren replied, logically. "Would you like some Advil?"

Camila nodded, then Lauren went off to get two pills and a glass of water from the kitchen. When she returned, she placed the glass in one of Camila's hands and the pills in the other. After taking the pills and gulping down the water, she handed the glass off to Lauren, who placed it right beside the other empty glass from earlier. Lauren could sense that something else was bugging Camila, so she decided to ask about it.

"Is something wrong, Camila?" she asked.

Camila sighed, then responded, "Yeah. I've been thinking."

"What about?"

"Us. I'm having some second thoughts." Camila stated, with a frown.

"What? Why? We just got together this morning. Shouldn't we give it a little longer?" Lauren questioned frantically.

She thought long and hard before finally answering, "It's really not that at all. I want to be with you, I do. Unfortunately, I really think you deserve someone better. You and Dylan should be together, honestly. All our relationship would consist of is you taking care of me all the time, and I don't want to drag you down. If it's okay, could you bring me home tonight? If not, I understand that you're tired."

"But Camila..."

"This isn't something I want to talk about, Lauren. My decision is final. I'm not going to drag you down that way, and I want you to date someone where you can equally take care of each other. I really am sorry, really. We can still be friends, but we just need some time apart. I know we've been through this already, but this time, I won't change my mind."

Lauren was tired, but she knew that if she didn't bring Camila home tonight, things would get very awkward between them. She was so tired, in fact, that she hadn't even noticed what was happening. It was dangerous to drive drowsy, but at this point, she really didn't care anymore. She stumbled about the room as if she was drunk looking for her car keys, eventually falling on the hard, wood floor. This made a loud thud, causing Camila's face to fill with worry.

"Lauren? Are you okay?" she asked.

"Why do you care?" Lauren spat back. "You don't care enough to actually talk this through like usual."

Camila sighed, then plopped down on Lauren's couch. "You're right. I'm sorry. Would you like to talk about it?" she asked, apologetically.

Lauren adjusted her position to be sitting with her legs crisscrossed, then responded, "Can we?"

"Yeah. What do you want to talk about?" Camila asked.

"This decision that you made. You think Dylan likes me, or even loves me, but I think you've got it all wrong."