Chapter Nine

A/N: Surprise! Double update! I promise that ya'll will like this chapter! :)

*****************************************************

        Lauren was awoken late that night by the loud crack of thunder, followed by the bright beauty that was lightning. It was storming uncontrollably outside, causing tons of racket that prevented her from sleeping. Another thing that had awoken her was the sound of her phone buzzing on her bedside table. A bunch of distractions came to Lauren all at one time, but she decided to reach for her phone which was vibrating like mad.

        The bright screen almost blinded her as she opened her eyes to see what the deal was, since she was in a dark room for so long. Lit up across the screen, she read 'Incoming call from Camila Cabello.' Even though Lauren was extremely tired due to today's argument with her, she was still working for her, and she had to answer the call. For all she knew, Camila could be in danger or in pain.

        She selected the answer button and asked into the speaker, "Camila?"

        On the other line, Lauren heard quiet sobs. Camila was crying again, and it took her a few minutes to actually manage to say something. Lauren waited patiently, trying not to fall back asleep, until Camila finally spoke.

        "Lauren?" she cried.

        "What's the matter?"

        There was a long pause, but Camila answered, "The storm. It's upsetting me. Can you come here?"

        "But Camila—"

        "Forget about this morning alright? We can talk about it when you get here. Please be careful driving, it seems very dangerous. I just don't like to be alone during thunderstorms." she explained.

        "Okay. I'll be right over." Lauren groaned, not even thinking about what she just said.

        She ended the call, then put her phone back down on the bedside table again. It took her a minute to realize that she just agreed to drive through a thunderstorm just to be with Camila during it, even though she told her to go away for about a week. Lauren knew that it would be a dangerous drive, but she was willing to risk anything for Camila. Her love was too strong to turn down such a wish. 

        Lauren rolled out of bed and grabbed her phone off of the table. She decided against getting into normal clothes because it was midnight, and Camila would probably ask that she stayed the night again. It was unclear to her whether or not Camila wanted her to come back full-time again or just for tonight, but she was going to go anyways. 

        The only few things that she grabbed on her way out of the house was her phone charger, a jacket, and her sneakers. She walked out into the pouring rain, where she was soaked immediately, and ran towards her car that was parked in the driveway. It took her a second to recollect herself, then she took a deep breath, buckled herself in, and started the car. The rain was coming down fast and hard enough for her to need to put the windshield wipers on the highest option, and she knew that she would need to keep her high beams on if she wanted to get there in one piece. She also turned on the radio, which played the song 'Style' by Taylor Swift, because music had always calmed her down when she was driving through a storm.

        Carefully, she backed out of her driveway while looking to see if there were any signs of a car coming, then got onto the road safely. Lauren drove much slower than the speed limit, so she was sure not to crash into anything. There was also an insane amount of flooding going on, which made her feel tense.

        What was usually a ten minute drive to Camila's, took about twenty. Even if it had taken a much longer time to get there, Lauren was relieved when she finally pulled into her driveway safely and was able to turn her car off. She took another deep breath and unbuckled her seat belt. Next, Lauren bolted out of her car and up the front steps into Camila's house.