Chapter Thirty-Nine

A/N: You guys got 'Lightning' to #272 in Fanfiction overnight, and I can't believe how amazing you all are! As a thank you, here is chapter 39! Enjoy! :)

Camila blinks her eyes rapidly in attempt to get things in a better view. She then began to process what she was seeing. Lauren was knelt down on one knee, holding out a small, dark box that contained a ring inside of it. She didn't know how to respond because everything was happening all at once. However, this was probably the most beautiful sight that she could have asked for as her first vision. But then thoughts swirled around in her head as she started to realize what Lauren had just asked.

"YES!" Camila exclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air with excitement. "Of course I'll marry you, Lauren!"

Lauren smiled, then got to her feet. Camila held out her hand to her girlfriend, who was now her fiance, and Lauren carefully places the ring onto her finger. She stares at the ring, bringing it closer and closer to her face. Although Camila couldn't exactly grasp onto the concept of beautiful yet, she assumed that this is what it was. But she thought that Lauren was way prettier than the diamond ring around her finger.

"The ring is gorgeous, Lauren!" Camila said to her.

"How do you know that?" Lauren asked.

She explained, "Because it's almost as beautiful as you. Lauren, you are the most beautiful thing on this planet, no matter what anyone else thinks. You are the first thing that I saw when my vision became clear, so I automatically set you as the most beautiful. Of course now, everything that I see will be inferior to you. But that's how I'm supposed to view my fiance, so there really isn't a problem with it. Can I see my friends now, too? I want to know what they look like."

Lauren smiled and nodded in response, knowing that she no longer really had to say everything that she was doing aloud. The first girl that came into Camila's vision was Dinah. Ally and Normani had stayed out of her sights so they wouldn't overwhelm her with seeing two many people at once.

"Can you take a guess at who I am?" Dinah questioned the tiny brunette in front of her.

Camila answered, "Dinah! I know you by your voice, so it doesn't really help that you said something silly. But you're beautiful too! I want to see Normani or Ally now. And don't tell me who is who! I want to take a guess."

Dinah stepped off to the side, and Normani made her way in front of Camila. As Camila tried to think, she tilted her head to help her focus. She repeated this action for about a minute until she finally came up with an answer.

"I know! You're Ally!" Camila exclaimed.

"Nope!" Normani replied. "It's Normani! Good try though!"

Camila snapped her fingers and said, "Dang it! Now where is Ally?"

Normani then stepped next to Dinah, allowing Ally to take her place out in front of Camila. Ally smiled sweetly at her, causing Camila to smile back.

"You're so tiny!" Camila shouts. 

Ally face palmed, knowing even before this moment that Camila would mention her height as soon as she saw her. "I had a feeling that you would say that," she said, causing everyone in the room to laugh.

Dinah turns to Normani and receives five dollars from her. Prior to the day that Camila could finally see, the two had created a bet on what she would say when she first saw Ally. Dinah had guessed that Camila would mention something related to Ally's height when she saw her, but Normani guessed otherwise. 

"Can I be introduced to colors now? I really want to know the names of the things that I see, and I also need a way to describe them. Although, I guess I could find out what objects are which by feeling around them, but I think it'd be easier if you guys just told me," Camila requested.

"Sure thing!" Lauren answered happily, being more than pleased to help her fiance learn new things about the gift of vision. The first thing that Lauren pointed at was a bed. A bed was one of the easiest things for Camila to learn about, since it was something that she used on a daily basis. "What is this, Camila? Can you guess? Here's a hint, you use it every day."

Camila thinks for a second before finally answering, "I'd like to think that it's a bed. I'm going off of an educated guess that that's what it is. Am I right? Also, are those pillows on top of it?"

"Yeah! You're right!" Lauren said excitedly. "How did you know?"

"It seemed logical to me," she answered. "Point to something else!"

Lauren does as her fiance asked, then pointed at the television in the room. "What do you think this is? Another hint, it's something that people tend to use every day. This is something that you couldn't use before, even though you seemed to have your own way to make the best of it. Sorry, that was a pretty specific hint."

Camila walked over to the object, then touched the screen with her hand. She smiled and answered, "This is a TV! It feels exactly like the one at my old house, so I kind of put two and two together."

"Yup! Now what about this? I'm not going to give anymore hints though, so try to figure this one out." Lauren questioned her, point at a window.

"Oh! That's a window! The only reason that I know this is because I know what a window is. It's something that allows you to see outside. Since what I'm seeing through the window doesn't look like it does in here, I'm just going to assume that that's what the outdoors look like." Camila stepped right up to the window to gaze at the great outdoors. As she did this, she realized then more than ever that the world was much bigger than she thought. "This is just so incredible," she said. "Can you tell me what is what out there, Lauren? I want to know more about seeing the world."

Lauren swung her arm around Camila's waist, and pulled her closer. "Of course I will. What do you want to know about first?"

"Trees. What does a tree look like?" Camila asked.

Lauren nodded, then pointed in the direction of the closest tree. "Do you see that?" she questioned. "It's a little far away, so I'm not exactly sure if you'll be able to. I don't know how good your vision actually is."

"I think I do. Is it that tall thing with a green top?" 

"Uh, yeah. How do you know that it's green? I never said that it was green." Lauren started to get confused, since she had never explained the color to her fiance before. They hadn't even began to discuss colors yet, so this was all confusing her.

Camila looked at Lauren and responded, "I know that, because it's the same color as your eyes. You told me one that you had green eyes, so I just assumed that whatever color I saw in them when I first saw you was green. Unless my concept of colors is all deranged, I think that they're the same color. I've also grabbed a concept of black, brown, and white I think. But I really want to know more about colors. They are all so pretty, and I don't even know their names."

"We can move onto colors now if you want us to. Would you like that?" Lauren asked.

She nodded in response, then carefully placed herself on one of the two beds in the room. The first thing that Camila pointed to was the comforter on top of the bed. "What color is this? I'm really drawn to it, and I don't know why. It's just so intriguing, and probably one of the more interesting colors that I've seen so far."

"That color is blue, Camila. Do you like it?" 

Camila answered, "I think so. Show me more colors!"

Lauren nodded, then began to show her fiance more colors. Over the course of five minutes, Camila had learned of the colors red, blue, purple, gray, and orange. Still, she chose blue as the most appealing color. Even though there were still many colors in the world that she didn't understand yet, she didn't know if she could ever find anything more appealing than blue.

"I want to go outside! There's a whole world out there that I have yet to discover! Let's go! Please!" Camila begged Lauren like a little kid would.

"Sure, I'll take you outside!" Lauren replied with a smile.

"Uh, you might want to re-think that, Lauren. There are thunderstorms scattered around in our area today. It might be dangerous, and you might want to go out when the storms have subsided. The weather really isn't good for you to be strolling around in." Ally warned the two girls.

"Actually, it's the perfect weather," Lauren began. "Camila, are you really to see lightning for real?"