Chapter Fourteen

Once all business with setting up to sell Camila's house had been done with that morning, the girls got ready together and made their way over to Ally, Normani, and Dinah's house. It was about ten o'clock when they arrived, and they decided to have breakfast first before practicing for their auditions on 'The Voice'.

Lauren and Camila sat at the kitchen table while the three girls prepared bacon and eggs for everyone. The two girls had insisted on helping, but the other three wouldn't allow their guests to have to do that. While breakfast was being made, they all talked together about whatever came up.

"So Camila, do you still want to do the puzzle competition?" Lauren asked.

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?" Camila said with a laugh.

"I don't know. It occurred to me that you'd be doing two competitions at the same time, so I was just wondering if you wanted to do both. It'll be a little stressful and challenging, don't you think?"

"I'm ready to take on anything!" Camila smiled as she put her hands on her hips as if she were some super hero, causing everyone in the room to laugh. This motion reminded Lauren that Camila was her super hero and that she could do just about everything.

The girls all talked about random little things here and there until breakfast was finished, then they all gathered around the kitchen table to eat. Before eating, Ally was giving her prayers to God, but everyone else jumped right in to their meals.

"Who was that sneaking around your house last night, Lauren? I noticed someone looking in through the window as I was closing the blinds." Normani asked.

"That was, um. That was Camila's mom." Lauren choked out, wishing that this hadn't come up in conversation.

Camila gave a confused look and asked, "Wait, what? You told me that it was nothing I thought."

"I only said that because I was tired." Lauren half-lied.

"Just let me know next time, okay? Things like this are important." Camila sighed. "Now what did she say?"

"She doesn't trust us together for some reason. I think she just wants you to live at home. But of course that's not going to happen. Your home is wherever I am, as is mine with you."

Camila grunted, "That woman is crazy. The only thing is that she won't give up. She's very persistent."

Ally, Dinah, and Normani stared at them as they had a private conversation in front of them. Camila and Lauren remembered that they weren't alone and stopped talking about it. Seconds later, they all started to laugh together.

"Sorry about getting you three caught up in personal business." Lauren laughed.

Dinah shook her head and said, "No worries. That conversation was good. Had me laughing. But your mom honestly sounds crazy. If she's wild enough to sneak around someone's house at midnight, then that's pretty crazy, let me tell you."

Everyone laughed and agreed with this. Suddenly, they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" Ally perked up and ran to the door.

Dinah gazed at Normani and asked, "Were we expecting someone?"

Normani shook her head and simply said, "No."

"That's what I thought."

Ally got to the front door and opened it. Standing in the doorway was Camila's crazy mother. She stood there smiling at Ally as if she had something to say. How did she know that Camila was friends with them?

"May I help you?" Ally asked her.

"Yes, hi. I was wondering if my daughter was here. Her name is Camila Cabello. Have you seen her?" her mom asked.