Chapter Five

A/N: Hey there, it's Krista! I just wanted to thank you all for reading, commenting, and voting on this story! It already has managed to get 500+ reads in just a short time, which is a great birthday present I must say! (I just turned 19 today! Woo!) I hope you all continue to read, vote, and comment as you have been! I love you all so much, thank you! :)

*********************************************************

        During the next few days, Lauren and Camila continued to bond as they had been since they first met, with their feelings exponentially growing even stronger for each other. Lauren performed a song for Camila on her piano, as Camila had done for her with her guitar. She decided to sing 'If I Ain't Got You' by Alicia Keys, which was one of her personal favorites. Lauren chose to sing that song because it was actually how she felt about Camila. If she didn't have Camila in her life, Lauren's life would be so dull and boring as it always had been. 

        Lauren still had trouble deciphering what type of feelings she was actually having for Camila, and it continued to bother her more and more as the days went by. She didn't know what she was feeling exactly. Sometimes, Lauren just wanted to hug Camila and tell her that everything was going to be alright, and that she'd never go back to being alone. Other times, she felt so attracted to Camila that she just wanted slam her against a wall and start making out with her profusely, only to carry her up to her room to have a 'romantic' evening. Lauren was both attracted to Camila's personality and the way she looked, but she didn't know if it was enough to actually go forth with a relationship or not. She came to the conclusion that maybe she wasn't in love with Camila because she assumed her to not like her back in that way. As much as she tried to forget about these festering feelings, she couldn't, and probably wasn't going to.

        Over the time that Lauren had to herself, she managed to find out about 'The Voice' auditions, which would actually be taking place in Miami the following month. She and Camila both registered for the auditions together, and were very excited to do so. In their individual time, they practiced their songs for the auditions, getting better and better each day. After only a few days, the two of them began to feel extremely confident in the songs that they would be singing, and they felt just confident enough to think that they would make it.

        Lauren continued to e-mail Mr. Holland about her findings and experiences, as she kept staying late at Camila's accoring to her wishes. There was one day that Lauren left early so she could see Mr. Holland in person since she hadn't done so in a couple days. He was pleased to have an engaging conversation about her job, rather than having to message her about it from behind a screen. 

        Finally, it was Friday. The day that Camila signed up to take part in the 14th Annual Jigsaw Puzzle Competition of Miami. Lauren had driven to Camila's house as usual, and walked right on in as Camila had asked her to do so from now on. Camila had told her that knocking was for people who were strangers and not close friends, and that Lauren was close enough to her that she didn't need to knock ever again. When she walked in, she found Camila in her living room rubbing her eyes like she had something in them.

        "Are you alright, Camila? Do you have something in your eyes?" Lauren asked.

        "Contacts." she answered.

        "Contacts...?"

        "Yes, contacts. They don't do anything for me, obviously, but they do help me feel less weird around people in public who don't know me." she explained.

        "How so?"

        "You'll see in a second."

        Soon enough, Camila opened her eyes to reveal that the contacts made her eyes look like average brown ones. Lauren wasn't exactly a fan, because she found that Camila's whitish-grey eyes were unique and stunning. Nevertheless, she still looked beautiful and she honestly didn't even look like a blind person anymore.