18.

Author POV

Layla was sandwiched between Jimin and Taehyung on the couch, while Jin and Hoseok started making everyone lunch. Yoongi was passed out on the small recliner with Jungkook sitting at his feet while he played the switch. Namjoon was sitting on the loveseat with a book in his hand, but he couldn't focus on it. Every so often he would glance up and look at Layla with sadness, but when she would meet his eyes, she'd smile and then look back at the television.

He wanted to talk to her. He wanted to know everything she felt about being back. He decided to ignore his nervousness and call for her attention at his bit his lip.

"Layla?"

She stopped mid conversation with Jimin and turned to face him. "Hmm?"

"Can we talk? Alone?"

Layla smiled and nodded her head. "Sure. Follow me."

They walked down the hall to her new room and once they got inside, the shut the door and sat at the foot of her bed. "Okay, let's talk, Namjoon."

Namjoon fiddled with the rings on his fingers and then ran his hands through his hair. Layla watched him become more nervous than he's ever been and it made her a little sad. She grabbed his wrist and squeezed, bringing his attention back to her. "Joonie, talk to me," she said sweetly. "What's going on?"

"It's been a while since I've heard that," he breathed.

"Heard what?"

"You call me Joonie."

Layla smiled and grabbed his hand. Things were different now. She wanted them to be different. She had no idea how these next eleven months would go by, but all she knew is that she wanted to spend it being happy; being care free; She wanted to spend their remaining time together working for them, getting to know them all over again and deep down?

She wanted to fall in love with them like she did in the beginning.

"Joonie," she said again leaning her head against his shoulder. "I want us to start over. Be friends again. Be best friends actually."

"That's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about," he said nervously. "I know you kissed Seokjin hyung."

Layla went to respond but Namjoon politely silenced her. "Let me finish, please. We all missed you. We all longed for you. I know we'll be gone from here in less than a year, so I don't want to spend our military service thinking of the what ifs. We want you back. Like completely want you back how we all were before."

Layla swallowed then bit her lip. "You mean-"

"Yeah, like that," Namjoon confirmed. "We dont want to force you or be inconsiderate of how you feel, we just wanted you to know. Whatever happens after this conversation is totally up to you. You can tell me or anyone of us to fuck off and we'll do just that. We'll do anything you ask, Layla. The ball is in your court."

Layla couldnt lie and say that suggestion was unappealing. She had been starved from any sort of relationship for so long. No sex, no kisses; even when she touched herself it was never the same. She looked into Namjoons eyes and suddenly it all made sense. They didn't want her to feel obligated. They didn't want her to feel like they were using her. They wanted her to use them.

But could she do it?

"Oh," Layla felt the heat rush to her cheeks. "Um, thank you. For telling me obviously. Um- yeah." She giggled nervously and stood up walking toward the windows. "I don't know what's going to happen, Joonie. It's complicated. This whole situation obviously."

"I understand," Namjoon replied while sucking on his bottom lip. "Can I ask you something?"

Layla nodded then turned around. She crossed her arms and smiled. "I'll answer anything. You know that."

Namjoon got up from the bed and walked towards her. Laylas breath caught in her throat as he stalked to her; never breaking eye contact. When Namjoon stood before her, he brought his hand to her cheek, slowly caressing it.

"Do you miss it," he breathed, not letting this moment pass by. "Do you miss how it made you feel when he kissed you? Touched you?"

Before Layla could register what she was saying, she let out a quiet "yes."

"What do you miss most," Namjoon said while stepping closer. "Do you miss the way that our lips felt against yours? Or do you miss the way you felt screaming our names."

Layla missed all of it. She missed it all so fucking much. After all of the shit she's been through with them, she should tell them all to fuck off, start a relationship with someone who isn't an idol, get married and have tons of kids and forget that Bangtan Sonyeondan was apart of her life.

But she couldn't.

They had a permanent spot in her life and she knew they would never be replaced.

They could never be forgotten.

"That," she said on a breathless moan as Namjoon fingers slid to her neck. "All of that."

"How do you feel about being back?"

"Nervous, excited," she said as her own hands found their way to Namjoons chest. God, had he been working out? She didn't remember his chest being this hard. "Namjoon-"

"Hey, lunch is ready."

Layla stepped away from Namjoon and blushed as she took in the sight of her Yoongi bear leaning in the doorway.

"You alright, Lay," he smirked. "You look....flushed."

Layla laughed and started walking towards Yoongi, not before glancing back at Namjoon with lust filled eyes. "Yeah, it's just hot in here."

"I imagine," Yoongi muttered as Layla walked passed him. "Hey."

Layla turned on her heel. "Hm?"

"Kookie wants you to sit by him."

Layla smiled and turned back down the hallway, slightly giggling at a previous memory. "Of course. Is there any wine?"

"You know it," Yoongi called back as he watched her walk away. When Layla headed into the dining room, he turned to Namjoon and laughed. "You've got a boner."

Namjoon rolled his eyes and adjusted himself. "How many times do you have to do that?"

"Do what," Yoongi fluttered his eye lashes. "Cock block?"

"No," he grumbled in response, while following Yoongi down the hall. "Show up when I'm having a private conversation. One that I think you'll be happy about."

"Really," that peaked Yoongis interest. "So it's a go then?"

"Its a go."

Yoongi smirked as they both entered the dining room, soon finding his place by Jimin. He bent down and whispered into the mochi's ear, before nibbling on it.

"Bring the 100 proof tonight. I think we'll need it after the conference call."

Jimin grazed Yoongis thigh under the table.

"It would be my pleasure, sir."

Author here! Hi:) Sorry this chapter was short. I needed to bump up the storyline to get the ball rolling into the good stuff.

Any guesses on what's to come?

Leave your guesses here!!!

Also, who is it going to be that Layla 'spends time with first'? I already know because I've written it hahaha but I'm curious to see who you think it will be and who should be paired together 😛✌🏻

Love you all so much! Also, I rushed to publish this, so if you see any typos or anything, please comment.

ALSO DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE TO SHOW YOU LOVE THIS STORY💜💜💜💜💜💜💜