33.

Jackson POV

Sejin was as white as a ghost as I walked into his office. The mug of coffee he was holding slipped out of his grasp and hit the hardwood floor, sending glass shards and the dark liquid all over the bottom of his shoes and desk.

"What, what are you doing here?"

"We need to talk, Sejin."

He looked down at the mess before him and cursed, then started to frantically clean up the glass that surrounded him. "Please tell me you're not doing what I think you're doing."

"I'm going to tell Layla I'm alive. If that's what you're asking about then yes I am."

Sejin sat back in his chair and rubbed his temples. "Look, I know you wanted to tell her long ago, I just don't want-"

"I'm not going to make the reasoning of my disappearance public. I worked out a deal with the people who took me. We've already got a story fabricated that I was lost on an island for two years. Namjoon wont be mentioned to the police or to the public. So Bangtan is safe since you're so worried about that."

"Jackson..." he breathed. "I told you all that this would backfire and especially after finding out your Layla was the doctor I hired that night. Dont blame any of this on me. You knew my opinion on the matter from the beginning." He rolled his eyes and dabbed at the coffee splatters on his desk. "You and Namjoon are gonna hurt her. Are you ready for that? Or are you just ready to bust those two up?"

I plopped down into the chair and raised my brow. Did I want them to bust up?

Fuck yes.

Layla Lee is the love of my life.

Namjoon is my bestfriend.

Was bestfriend.

I shouldn't have left her. In retrospect, if I would have let them kill Namjoon, I wouldn't have lost her. But the world would have lost out on Bangtan.

I wouldn't be that selfish.

But god did I want to be.

"I want her. Sejin, I know she still loves me. Why would she have our pictures up at her new apartment? Why would she cry over me still? Why would she hang on to my friends and not still love me?"

"Jackson, she keeps your memories to remind herself of a time when you were all she needed. She lost you, or thought she did, but now, she loves Namjoon. I know my members. And I know every little thing that's happened between them and Layla."

I kicked his desk with my boot and rolled my eyes. "She hasnt slept with them all. I know that for a fact, Sejin. Are you implying my fiance's a slut?"

"I'm not implying anything. Grieving can make you do things, Jackson. She just used Bangtan to get over you and start a new life here. Are you ready to ruin all of that? Are you ready to turn her life upside down?"

I gripped onto the small ring that hung around the silver chain on my neck. It was Laylas promise ring. Something that pushed me when days were rough. It pushed me to leave Lisa weeks ago and find my way back to her. Did I really want to mess up her life?

Did I really want to hurt her more than she was already hurting?

Lying to her and not coming clean will drive me crazy.

I gripped my hair and groaned; the bike riding in my throat. What was I doing?

"Sejin, what should I do?"

He looked up at me and then sighed. "I would tell her."

"You would?"

He sighed again and nodded his head. "As much as it pains me to say this, you need to come clean. You and Namjoon both."

*Art by me*

*Art by me*

My feet drug me to her door before I realized it. It was now or never. I needed to see my girl. I slowly knocked on her door when I heard shuffling on the other side. No doubt she was dragging her feet like she always did before.

She hated that habit.

I thought it was cute.

The door opened and my breath caught in my throat. Her hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head, she was wrapped in a fluffy robe.

Her eyes widened and the glass of wine she was holding hit the floor.

"Jackson..."

"I'm home, baby."

I was really home.

*edited 12/7/20*

🖤