32. (M)

Author POV

Layla rapped on the door at JB's. She was distraught, upset that someone could play such a cruel joke on her. The card burned a hole in her pocket, like it was in fire. She didn't have the slightest idea who could do this.

Realization hit her the moment she pulled her car onto the dark and rain soaked highway.

She never mentioned to Namjoon what her favorite flowers were.

"Jaebeom! Jaebeom, please open up!" Her small fists pounded on the door harder until it swung open, leaving a confused and half asleep Idol on the other side.

"L-Layla? What are you doing here so late? What's wrong?" He said while rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

She ran towards him, wrapping her arms around his waist and crying into his bare chest. "JB, I don't know what to do-" she sobbed out, "Please tell me it wasn't you. Please."

"Come inside, honey. Tell me everything." He said as he patted her head. She looked up at him and nodded, then followed I'm into his dark apartment.

Once they sat down on his sofa, she pulled the card out and handed it to him, telling him the events of the whole evening. Jaebeom was confused. He didn't send this, he would have never been as cruel or would do anything to hurt Layla. He loved her.

She was his sister now and no matter what, he would always protect her from harm.

"I don't understand, Layla. This has to be some kind of mistake."

Layla nodded and sighed. "How would this person know what type of flowers I liked? Only you seven knew of it. But you didnt know his nickname. Only Jackson knew."

"Honey, he's gone." He placed a hand on her shoulder and lightly squeezed. "This could have been some sick fan that overhead you and Jackson one night."

"But how could they know where I was?"

"You know how Saesangs are, Lay. They'll do anything to make the significant other of an idol miserable. It doesn't matter if the idol is alive or if they're even still together. You'll always be thr girl that stole Jackson away from them."

She hung her head low and took a deep breath. He was right. Not many people knew of their relationship, but anything was possible.

"I-"

"I'm holding onto the same hope, too, Layla." JB sighed. "I wish more than anything that he is okay and just lost somewhere, trying to find his way back to us. But it's been two years."

"I know." Layla agreed. She was torn. She wanted Jackson here, but she couldnt imagine her life without loving Namjoon.

"I have to tell you something. Something happened the night of the party and the Weeks after."

He nodded and grabbed the water bottle next to him and took a swig. "Okay, I'm all ears."

"I-I think I'm falling in love with someone else. And it fucking scares me Jaebeom." She admitted.

"Namjoon." He raised a brow, his brow ring glistening in the overhead light. "I know. It was pretty obvious that he feels that way about you, too." He pulled Layla into a hug and smiled against the top of her head. "Jackson would be happy that you fell for someone like him. Hes a good guy, Layla. You do know how to pick them."

After they talked for hours and had an early breakfast, Layla gave one last hug to Jaebeom and started her early drive home. She knew Namjoon was sleeping at this time so she called the one person that would be up this late.

Hoseok.

"Hellllooooo?" He answered with ragged breathing. Layla laughed and turned her bluetooth volume up.