28.

Namjoon POV

"Jackson?"

No. It couldn't be. He was dead.

He's been dead.

I pushed the car door closed and slowly walked over to the ghost in front of me. If I touch him and I feel nothing, I'm going crazy. Yeah, that's it.

Or he's haunting me because I'm with Layla.

Fuck.

I reached out and touched his shoulder.

My hand didn't fall through.

MY HAND FUCKING TOUCHED HIM!!!!

I know I should be scared. I know I should probably faint like a preteen girl, but I couldn't. I grabbed him and hugged him like he was about to disappear. He's real. He's real.

I rush toward him and wrapped my arms around him, squeezing him tight. I couldn't believe it. He was alive! He was alive!

Wait a minute.

I pulled back from him and looked into his eyes.

"Jackson...what. I don't understand-" my words failed to process in my brain and come from my mouth. I was confused...I had to tell Layla.

"Layla is gonna-"

"You cant tell her." His voice was firm. It wasn't like he used to be. He looked different. Not like the best friend I once had.

"What do you mean I cant tell her?"

"I saw you. Both of you. Fucking. Ring a bell?" His eyes narrowed, but I could still see the softness in them. He looked hurt, but full of....love? I swallowed but didnt drop my gaze. He sighed then started talking again. "I heard her confession to you. She needs to move on. I want her to move on."

"Jackson, I have to tell her."

"If you tell her I'm alive, it's going to fuck everything up, Namjoon. Do not tell her."

I stepped back, madder than I have ever been. I care for Layla. I love her. How could I not tell her? How could I hide this?

"Jackson, she loves you."

"She moved on. She doesnt need to know I'm alive, its better this way."

"How is this better?!" I screamed. "Your fiance has suffered for years! She lost the baby, lost you and then her parents! How could you not want her anymore, Jackson! Wait. You faked your death. You fucking faked your death. Why?"

"I, I had no choice. I cant talk about it. Too many people are already involved in this. I shouldn't be here. You weren't supposed to see me."

I stepped back up to him and balled my fist. It all makes sense now.

Layla did see him.

"You were in her apartment."

He nodded but didnt say anything.

"She seen you. She fucking seen you. She thought she was crazy. She cried on my shoulder." I pushed him. "SHE TOLD ME EVERYTHING AND THIS WHOLE TIME YOU HAVE BEEN FUCKING ALIVE AND COULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING TO HER!"

"Shut up, Namjoon."

"No!" I picked him up and slammed him into the concrete barrier. "You take your ass up there and tell her right fucking now."

"Okay, I'll tell her. But I'll also tell her your little secret. One that you wont even admit to yourself." He spit. "You can pretend that I'm the only one that fucked up, but I had to do this. I had to fake my death. Why? Because of you. Everything that happened was all because you couldn't keep your nose clean."