2.

"what?" hatter stood up, slamming his hands on the long table. aguni looking shocked. "i played i game with her like 20 minutes ago." i shrugged. " i don't get why she is so important." i said.

"i practically raised y/n, she's like my daughter." hatter softly spoke. "from now on any game that ANYONE in this building plays, we'll have you guys on the scene just incase someone plays with her again, got it?" he questioned, everyone nodding their heads in response. "that's all for the day then, pack up and get some rest." hatter smiled as he walked out of the room.

y/n pov.
i walked home, laying back against my bed that once showed a beautiful city view, but now it was dead and filled with crashed cars and garbage. all i wanted to do was sleep my stress away, so that's exactly what i did.

waking up the next morning, it felt very stuffy inside my smaller apartment, i decided to open up a window, letting the cold air flow trough my room. i moved to japan 4 years ago after my father died, my mom didn't want me to suffer living in america, so she chose a place on the other side of the world.

     sadly enough i suffered more here than i would have there. my mother passed away about a week before my 21st birthday, which was about 3 months ago.

flashback.
        "you know mom, you always said you'd have a drink with me when i turned 21 but.... you didn't even make it that far." i cried as i took a shot on my cold apartment floor.

     one of the first things i did when i reached japan was go shopping, i don't know why i decided to do that but it felt right.

     i stopped in that tiny hat shop 4 years ago and met someone i never thought i'd be close to. he was an older man maybe around 30, named takeru but people called him hatter.  i found myself stopping in by his store every wednesday, the only day i didn't work after school.

      i would stand at his check out counter for hours until he closed, he would tell me all kinds of crazy stories, some i believed and some i didn't. after that we would always go get dinner somewhere, switching out every week who would get to pick.  the reason i was so drawn to be his friend was because he reminded me of my father.

     he was so bubbly and fun. he always wanted to share his stories and talk to anyone he could, which was exactly what my father would do. sometimes he would embarrass me but he was still my father and takeru took that spot in my heart, he was like my second father.

takeru taught me most of what i know about the japanese language, school helped a little but he taught me 5 words everytime i would come in, which wasn't always wednesdays. i would only come in other days late after work, but he would always wait for me.

sadly about 2 months ago i walked to his store on that usual wednesday as it had been a few weeks since i got to visit him, but he was closed. i was confused since he would always wait for me even if i was late, but people around the store gave me a look of sadness and pity. "does she not know he went missing a few days ago?"
"so sad she probably doesn't know."

he went missing? was my first thought that time. now that i'm here where no one is, he could have easily fallen into this world.

      i finished eating as i sat on my balcony staring out into the nothingness japan has become. i puffed smoke out of my vape before noticing a group of 3 guys running around, screaming to see if there is any life.

      "HEY KID! IM UP HERE!" i waved as the messy haired boy looked up. a smile moved across his face as he saw life. "HI! DO YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED?" he yelled up at me. puffing more smoke from my mouth before speaking. before i could open my mouth the large building at the intersection lit up, saying there was another came nearby.

     "DONT RUN ANYWHERE IM COMING DOWN NOW, TELL YOUR FRIENDS THAT TOO!" i yelled before running around my apartment to get everything i needed like changing my clothes into something more fight fitting, grabbing my bag, and sliding my black boots on once again.

     i ran to the middle of the street where the boys were. i placed my hands on my knees panting. "can you explain what's happening?" the blonde haired boy asked. "it's a lot of explain, but we gotta run before this game closes."  i said in between breaths.

     i explained to the 3 boys, learning their names as chota, arisu, and karube, what in the hell was going on in japan. they all were shocked but understood what i was saying. we reached the game lobby as we all understood the rules. i looked around to see who was playing with us.

      2 younger women, one a high school student and the other seemed to be an office lady. then there was 2 men, one with extremely odd face tattoos and the other looked fairly normal. i took notice of the fact they had these blue wristbands around their arms that had a numbered written on them.

the two men that weren't my friends whispered to each other while staring at me, sending a signal to somewhere i couldn't see

i grasped my leg tightly confirming i had my gun on me, just incase this i'm assuming large group of people try anything funny with me.

skip

    the game ended, earning us a 3 of clubs, and chota who now had a burnt leg. thankfully everyone survived other than the poor high school girl who rushed things.

  "glad we made it." i smiled at the group of boys. "thank you arisu for being smart." i said as him and his friends laughed a little. "well i'm out of here, thanks for today you guys." i smiled one last time before starting to walk off.

     "where are you headed to?" chota asked. "back to where i was before, i have nothing better to do anyways." i bitterly spoke. "don't die on me, i'll see you guys again soon." i smiled to them as they shook their heads.

     i started to walk off to my home once again. i turned around the usual corner and there was a car and a large group of men. "that's her!" one of them yelled as i started to back away.

i felt someone grab me from behind but i immediately grabbed their arm, flipping them over onto the ground. "god i knew you guys were gonna try something." i laughed looking back at the group of men.

the same white haired chishiya walked out of the car as he spoke. "babe, i advise you come with us unless you wanna get hurt." chishiya spoke as he smirked at me.
"try me, creep." i sent him the same smirk as i pulled the gun from my waistband, pointing it at his head.

shooting the wall closer to them was enough to scare them so i could run off. i heard the car farther behind me as i took tons of turns, eventually loosing them.

"holy shit.. you look beat up."