23

he looked at me blankly. "i'm sorry do i know you?" he asked, confusion now on his face. "you don't remember me?" i asked sadly. i sighed, niragi still looking confused. he looked me up and down, clearly trying very hard to remember who i was. he hesitated for a moment before speaking again. "i'm sorry i really don't know who you are." he said, scratching the back of his neck. " i'm not surprised you dont." i smiled, pain present in my eyes. "well, then i'll make you remember me." i smiled, grabbing his hand. "what?" he asked, confused. "you heard me, i'll make you remember me." i repeated myself.

       niragi pov
     the girl followed me around the hospital everyday, until she got discharged. my memories slowly but surely came back, and i remembered her.
    "hey." someone walked into my room. i looked up, seeing y/n. "oh hey." i smiled at her. "i brought you some food, incase you don't want to eat that crappy hospital food anymore." she smiled, lifting the bag of food up to her head. she sat the food down in front me, before pulling a chair over to sit next to me.

      "have you eaten yet?" i asked her. "no, i'm not hungry right now." she smiled. "just eat your food, i don't want any of it, i got it for you." she continued to talk. i sighed, nodding my head. we sat in silence, nothing to talk about coming to ours minds. "what's your job?" i asked her, just out of curiosity. "i'm a detective, why?" she asked, looking up at me. "i don't know, i just wanted to know." i said, her nodding her head in response.

    "do you work?" she asked me, i shook my head no. "i'm still trying to decide what to do." she nodded in response. "can i tell you something?" i asked, she nodded. "i think i remember you." i said. she looked up, with the brightest look i had ever seen on her face. "really?" she yelled excitedly. she got up from her chair, pulling me into a hug. i wrapped my hands around her back, caressing her. "thank you niragi." she whispered softly.

     "for what exactly?" i asked, a bit confused. "for remembering me." she whispered again, letting me go. she sat back down, smiling. "i'll tell you why i care so much, but it's a dark story." she said, looking down. "go ahead, hit me." i smiled, wanting to know more about her.

     "when we were in high school, my father died, which is why i moved here. my mother sent me here alone, thinking it would maybe make my life easier. then when i was 20 or so, my mother died of cancer. i met a man at a hat store, his name was takeru. he was like a father to me, teaching me new things about japan daily. but sadly, in the accident he recently passed as well." she sighed, looking into my eyes to see my reaction.

     i didn't know what to say. "should i keep going?" she asked, i nodded hesitantly. "back in high school, i took all the blame for you for everything, getting beat up constantly. all because i thought you would like me back. i was in love with you back then, but clearly you didn't care. being away from you was nice, but now that i have absolutely nothing left to live for, i wanted to see you again so badly. being able to see you, and having you recognize me is the best thing that's happened to me since i moved to japan. that's why i'm thanking you" she smiled, finishing her story.

     i stared into her eyes, seeing the expression of hurt change to love, in just a second. i lifted myself up, pulling myself closer to her, before i pulled in, kissing her.

         but weirdly enough.. it didn't feel like it was the first time i had kissed her."

     AUTHORS NOTE!
hello all! i hope you all are well! so actually this story gained 49k.. while i was gone.. so i seriously cant thank you enough ! i've been not super well, just all kinds of things going on (the kpop stan in me is stressing about the twice tour.) BUT ANYWAYS !! tysm for reading (and all of your sweet comments, sometimes they definitely could make me cry)

   i love you all so much and i can't thank you enough for all the support, thank you so much ! plz enjoy this chapter, i'll try to be back more often!