24

i pulled away from her, her face now tainted with a pink color. "have we.." she hesitated. "kissed before?" she asked, touching her lips. "i don't know, but i think i felt what you're feeling too" i replied, having the same feeling of confusion. "kiss me again." she said, pulling my head towards her once more. our lips touching again, i brought my hand up to the side of her face, pulling her in closer. she jerked away, gasping.

      "what? what is it?" i asked, concerned. "i think we may have went somewhere when we "died". she said. "what do you mean?" i replied "like i think we went into a different dimension." she explained. "okay but how do you know?" i asked. "i just saw it, when i kissed you." she stopped before continuing. "i saw tokyo.. but it was destroyed, and different. there was plants growing on the buildings." she said

     "do you want to kiss again to see if you see anything else?" i asked. she didn't reply, she just pulled me in once again. this time we kissed for longer, she ran her fingers through my hair. i placed my hands down near her waist.

     although this was just to help her, it felt real, like she really wanted me. even though i think she did, after the story she told me. it made me really remember her. i don't know why i never owned up to my feelings back then, i was in love with her. maybe it was because i thought she'd never like me. i thought she would think i was a loser, but maybe i shouldn't have thought that.

    "i got it!" she pulled away. i frowned, not wanting the kiss to end already. "we were in a place called the borderlands."  she went on to explain the whole story, or of course what she saw.

    "wait.. so we've had sex before?" i asked, covering my mouth in shock. "seems like it." she replied. "i mean technically not.. but also technically yes." she spoke again.  "oh my god.." i replied, taking my hand away from my mouth.  "why is that the only thing you took from that story, weirdo." she hit me playfully on the arm. i smiled. "i guess that's just men for you." she said, smiling back at me.

      time skip
niragi pov
i finally got discharged from the hospital. y/n was waiting for me outside, ready to walk me home. she turned to the side, seeing me. she waved her hand aggressively, smiling bigger than i had ever seen her smile. i smiled back, walking over to her.

       "how are you feeling?" she asked, touching my face lightly. "i'm fine." i smiled, moving her hand down. i interlocked my hand with hers, now holding it peacefully. she smiled, her cheeks turning pink. "do you want to go back to my place? or we can get food? or-." i cut her off by covering her mouth. "your place is just fine, let's watch a movie or something." i smiled, removing my hand from her face.

    we walked in a comfortable silence, just happy to be around one another. "where did you go after high school?" y/n asked me. "just my same old apartment, i just didn't leave it much... and when i did i wouldn't say i was up to any good." i replied, scared to look at her reaction. "like what?" she asked, curiosity present in her tone. "i don't want to set you off, i can't tell you." i sighed, knowing she'd be disappointed. she squeezed my hand tighter. "it's okay, whenever you're ready you can tell me." she smiled, rubbing her thumb on my hand. i smiled back at her.

     i regretted a lot of things. the amount of years i lost being a dick head. the amount of time i could've spent with her, rather than shutting myself out. i regretted everything about the whole situation. of course we weren't exactly dating, but it felt like it. i wanted to keep her close, and i wouldn't let myself run away again..

       "i promise y/n"

HELLO!!! how is everyone?? i'm back again for a little bit. the closer and closer we get to the end the less i can write about, i hope you all still enjoy! i plan to have a few more wholesome chapters.. and then this story will be finished 🥲 it's really bittersweet but i want to thank all of you
for the love and support. i honestly never thought this story was good, nor did i like my writing. but all the sweet comments have made me more confident to write, so thank you all. I LOVE YOU 🫶🫶