16.

niragi pulled away from me, smiling at me. i smiled back but slowly noticed the quick change as his expression changed from happy to worried in seconds. "what?" i asked, turning to see what he was looking at. my mouth dropped. "shit, we have to leave right now." i said, grabbing his hand.

we ran until we couldn't breathe, the game had been concluded already, so we were free from the beach. we stood together, hands still linked as we watched the beach go down in flames.

i let go of his hand, remembering i was holding it. he turned his head to look at me, taking my hand back. i didn't fight it, i didn't have the energy. but i guess you could say me and him were on good terms. i looked back at him, smiling.

        "thank you." he whispered, smiling. "for what?" i questioned, confused. "for loving me, and staying with me, no matter how much you hate me." he smiled, holding my hand tighter. i smiled, a single hot tear rolling down my cheek.

i turned away, wiping my cheek. "where do you guys plan on going?" chishiya came up behind me. "you made it." i smiled, not answering his question. "i don't know, we'll probably follow the crowd." i said, earning a nod from him.

"as much as i hate you niragi, i guess you can tag along with us." he rolled his eyes, earning a scoff from niragi. "well sadly if she's going, i will too." he said, smirking to chishiya.

and just like that... all the numbered cards were collected, and the first wave was over. chishiya ended up in the abandoned train station. this is where those sick people watched us play.

"arisu.. usagi." i lightly spoke, smiling brightly at the couple. "y/n!" usagi said, running to hug me. i embraced her tightly, letting go of niragis hand for the first time in hours. when she pulled away i smiled. just happy to know she's safe.

after mira had her huge talk about how she made the game, we all returned to the city by morning. "let the games begin i guess." i said, looking up at the bright screen.

authors note
TYSM FOR 27k??? YALL ARE INSANE I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH. with the ending of the new season, i will be changing the ending drastically from what i had originally planned. so look forward to it. i also hope y'all enjoyed the new season, i thought it was really good! so happy holidays to you all and please continue to enjoy my story :) thank you 🫶