10.

"why are you even here niragi?" i asked, panting in between my words. "why would not be here? you got your stomach cut open, of course i'd come." he said, walking over towards me, practically pushing arisu and usagi out of the way.

   "can you guys leave us alone for a bit?" i asked, a very faint smile on my face. the couple nodded,
walking out of the room. i turned my head to look at niragi, my eyes squinted from the pain, so it was hard to see him.

    "you still look beautiful." he joked, smiling at me. i tried to laugh but that ended in me letting out a grunt of pain. "are you okay?" he asked, concern present on his face. "yeah." i nodded, sitting up as little as i could.

     "i know it's probably not a good time to ask, but what happened earlier today?" he looked up at me, with hopeful eyes as he waited for an answer. "i don't know, i'm confused." i said, playing with my hands.

      "do you love me?" he asked, holding onto my hands.
"i don't know"
      "why? i thought you loved me in high school."
"things changed niragi, i haven't seen you in forever and you come back as someone completely different." i sighed.

    he looked at me lovingly. he kept getting closer to me, he stopped about an inch away from me.
his hand left mine and made its way up to sit at the side of my face.

      "niragi.." i whispered, a single tear falling from my eye. i finally recognized it, i loved him, and he loved me. i finally found love as the world crumbled around us.

     was it too late? would i regret it? what would happen in the end?  i was worried about the outcome, not what i really wanted. i wanted him, the man in front of me right now. i had him, but it didn't feel right, the timing.

     "i love you y/n" he whispered before pulling me in, kissing me all over again. it felt real this time, not just like it was meant to be. it felt like it was the first time ever, and like it would never end.

"Y/N!"
      "what the fuck."

authors note -
back for a little bit, i have so much testing, i'll do as many updates as i can before summer, i'll hopefully be fully back by summer tho! maybe look forward to weekly updates 👌 love you
all, thank you