17

y/n pov -       

        standing in the streets of tokyo, we all looked around at the dead empty town. i sat down next to kuina, resting my head on her shoulder. she wrapped her arm around my back as we just sat there in silence.

      "thank you kuina." i said, smiling to myself. "for what?" she asked confused. "for being a good friend, even in this shitty place." i whispered out, due to exhaustion. "you're welcome y/n, i'm happy i met you." she rubbed my shoulder for comfort. "me too." i said as i closed my eyes.

    niragi pov -
        i watched the 2 girls cuddle each other, as y/n closed her eyes slowly. i smiled to myself knowing she was safe, and had people to talk to. i loved her, and seeing her happy was all i needed.

    y/n pov -
       i opened my eyes again, lifting my head up as the screen appeared with the big "enter game" sign. i stood up, wiping any dirt that might've gotten on me off onto the ground. i walked back over to niragi, holding onto his arm as we all stared at the screen. 

       seeing the first victim of the first game die made everyone go into panic. "shit, run!" arisu yelled, as all of us immediately followed him. we were now hiding behind some random cars. niragi held onto my hand, so tightly. i looked down, just now feeling our hands interlocked.

     immediately we had to start running again, so we ran like it was our last day alive. my hand left niragi's so i could run faster, and just like that he was no where to be found.  "y/n! what are you doing ! run!!" kuina yelled over her shoulder. "but.. niragi.. fuck." i sighed, holding back tears as i continued to run.

      we eventually made it into some random building to hide. ann and tatta picked us up in a car and we eventually escaped. although we lost ann on the way. "me and usagi are gonna go look for food." arisu said, as i sat on a couch next to kuina. "okay, be safe." i smiled slightly. "you two go look for a car." arisu said, pointing to tatta and kuina. "why me?" kuina said, pouting. she eventually gave up her act and grabbed tatta's arm, pulling him to leave with her.

      "stay here okay?" usagi said to me, as i nodded my head, letting her know i'd be fine. the second they left i got up, knowing i needed to look for niragi, no matter how lost i got. i grabbed my gun from my bag, grabbing ammo with it.

    "let's get this over with."

authors note
HOLY SHIT THANK YOU FOR 31k??? this story went up 4k in just 2 days. i literally can't thank you all enough. thank you so much, im so glad you guys are loving this story ! i'm trying to best to still make it enjoyable, so tysm for joining in to read it! thank you all, i'll be back soon with another update :)) 🫶