21

the game was over and played, it took a total of 3 days to complete. me and chishiya walked out alive, perfectly fine. only 4 games remained now. the king of spades, the queen of hearts, and two more. "we are on the final straw." i blabbered to chi.  "but will it even matter in the end?" he spoke softly.

    the question brought me back to where we really were. did it really matter? will we ever go home? i had forgotten where we even were for some time. being happy with niragi and making new friends, made me forget even for the slightest bit of time.

     "we have to play to find out." i shrugged. "yeah you're right." he replied. we walked in silence, the buildings around us now covered in plants, as they grew along the sides. "those weren't there before right?" i asked pointing to the mass amounts of greenery around us.  "on the buildings? ... no, i don't think so." he hesitated but eventually answered.  "weird." i replied, continuing to walk.

        we eventually made it back to where we were before. i walked around the corner of the building. niragi sat on the floor. usagi and arisu sat next to one another, across from niragi.  kuina stood, looking  at her nails.  my face changed to a shocked one, upon seeing kuina. "oh, kuina?" i said, making the 4 turn their heads. "y/n!" niragi yelled before anyone else could speak up.

      he ran to me, immediately giving me a hug, so tight i could barely breathe. "oh god.. hi." i spoke lightly. i wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him back. even though i could barely breathe it was nice and comforting. it was nice to know he was still safe and alive.

       he pulled away, smiling at me brightly. "i thought you died." he let out a sigh of relief. "the game was a long one, we had to stay there.." i said before continuing. "but we had tons of food, it was really nice." i said smiling at him, as he smiled even brighter right back. "that's good, i'm glad." he said, pulling me into another hug.

       "chishiya!" kuina yelled, running over to him. "you're alive." she smiled, him nodding in return. "well now that everyone is safe, what should we do?" arisu asked. "play the last few games maybe?" i said sarcastically in return, earning a scoff from him.

skip -
         we split up, playing the last 2 games. all that remained was the king of spades and the queen of hearts. we eventually met back up with aguni and heiya, making up a plan to kill the king of spades.  ann played a game with kuina, so she came back too.

     "arisu, chishiya, and niragi go, we will distract him." aguni said, that was our call to go. we all ran out, immediately getting shot at as he noticed us. we ran, luring him in, back to where the pharmacy was. we lured him into the corner, everyone fighting trying to get him down.

     i watched everyone get taken down, each and every one of us fighting for our lives. i went up behind him, stabbing him in the neck, but it didn't affect him. he turned around, stabbing me.

     i chocked, blood running all over my legs as i fell to the ground. i couldn't move, i couldn't help. ann lied far away from me, she had been the first victim. aguni continued to fight, he had so much strength to help the people he loved, and he would use it no matter what.

     it was just aguni and arisu left. usagi had been knocked out, ann and kuina had been stabbed, and heiya had been shot.  the king went into the pharmacy, arisu ready to finish the plan. i heard the explosion as i laid there on the floor, hoping it would pay off.

     minutes later i heard a gun shot, following by the king of spades plane falling to the ground in flames. i smiled, the pain running trough my body. "1 left." i mumbled.

    i eventually passed out, waking up to kuina shaking me lightly, as she couldn't really do much else. "he did it y/n he did it!" she yelled as loudly as she could. "we are free!" she added. "he did it?" i questioned.

      fireworks exploded all around us, the queen of hearts plane falling down in flames. i smiled again, the last time i would ever smile in this world.

      "PLEASE SELECT IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ACCEPT CITIZENSHIP INTO THIS WORLD, OR TO DECLINE IT." a woman's voice made an announcement. kuina held onto ann and i's hands. "i don't accept." i said, sighing. 

           "let's go home together." kuina said, not accepting the citizenship.

AUTHORS NOTE
thank you SO MUCH FOR 51k!! i absolutely love all of you. there is just a few chapters left, im so sad to be ending this. but i really hope you all are enjoying my it and plz cherish the last few chapters !!
chishiya story will be coming soon as well, so look out for that!
thank you and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 🎊