5.

niragi, the kid who was always bullied, yet no one would bat an eye.

i watched him suffer everyday that year, until i decided that i would help him. he thanked me many times but never once spoke to me after that.

i helped him everyday, taking the fire for him. walking home with cuts and bruises, yet i wasn't sure why i was helping him. he repaid me with a quick smile before running off, as i was left to bleed out.

he never cared about me, he just wanted to be helped. he never wanted to help me when i was in pain, yet i still helped him, as i slowly fell in love with him.

i was nothing to him, but i still loved him. after high school graduation, i never saw or spoke with him again. it was almost like he disappeared from the face of the earth. others from school had no idea where he went either.

"y/n? are you there?" i heard takeru snap his fingers in my face. snapping out of it i looked around confused. "huh? what happened?" i awkwardly laughed, turning my head to takeru.

"you'll be the second leader of the beach! aren't you excited?" takeru smiled brightly. "what is the beach?" i scratched the back of my neck.

"you're at the beach right now, the best place to live!" he laughed yet again. "for you, there is only one rule, you must give me all of your cards, or i'll kill you." he smiled. "thanks takeru, i really appreciate it." i said sarcastically before speaking again. "just get me a room, i'm sick of your shit." i said, crossing my arms.

     "niragi will take you to your room, and don't be mad at me y/n, im doing what's best for you!" he yelled as i walked away, following niragi out of the large room.

     i followed behind niragi, making sure i didn't catch up to him. to say the least i was nervous around him, so i tried my best to stay away.  "you know you don't have to hide, right princess?" he laughed, sticking his tongue out again.

    "what happened to you?" i whispered, mainly to myself. "what did you say, beautiful?" he smirked. "you don't remember me do you?" i questioned, speaking louder this time. "what?" he broke his creepy character, asking me a genuine question. "guess that's for the best, just keep walking." i smiled sadly as he turned around, obviously confused.

    "here's your room princess, we have a meeting at 8 after the games, don't be late." he winked before walking away.

i sat in my room, chewing on my nails. does he really not remember me? i thought to myself. it hasn't even been 5 years, and it didn't seem he remembered me.

     as much trama as those boys gave him i'm still surprised you couldn't remember the one person who genuinely cared for you.

     i couldn't stand the feeling of my room right now, so i walked out, going to get some fresh air.  i climbed the stairs up to the roof, as i sat down on the ledge, pulling out my lighter and a cigarette.

smoking quietly and enjoying the fresh air, a tap on my shoulder pushed me out of my thoughts. i looked up to see chishiya smirking down at me. "you don't look like the type to smoke." he laughed, sitting himself down next to me.

"um.. okay." i awkwardly spoke, turning back to look at the stars. he spoke up again, asking me a question. "what did you do before this world?" he questioned. "i was studying in forensic science, what did you do?" i asked, turning my head to look at him. "i was a doctor." he said. "that's cool." i smiled, turning my head back to look at the sky.

"you know, i had a dream." i spoke up again, sighing. "what was it?" he asked, this time looking at me. "i wanted to have a normal high school experience, but somehow i got in dangers way." i sighed, turning my head to look back at him. "what happened?"

"this kid, well niragi, he looked different, and he was bullied a lot." i spoke, earning a nod from chishiya to continue. "i decided one day i didn't want to put up with it, so i helped him."

"i ended up beat and bruised everyday, but niragi never turned his head for me. he never helped me back, never even cared. just gave me a quick smile before running off." i bitterly laughed. "so stupid of me to even like him back then, and even now."

"there is no way in hell someone could ever like him." he laughed. "he's annoying." he turned his head away from me. "well he wasn't back then, obviously he started to rebel." i turned my head back, a smile on my face.

niragi stood behind me and chishiya, listening to our conversation. he couldn't remember what all happened back then, but there was always a missing figure in his story. that missing figure had been y/n all along, that girl he never had the chance to talk to, because he was scared.

AUTHORS NOTE
holy shit you guys.. i'm so sorry i haven't updated at all, i'm so sorry 😭😭 i've been busy and stressed but school is out now so!! i'm still busy tho 🙄 i'll continue to try my best for you guys! i'll keep pushing stories out!! thanks for being patient 💗