22

waking up the sounds of beeping, faint talking, and announcements. confusion taking over my body as i had no idea where i was. i was in a warm bed, a piece of cloth separating someone laying next to me. i looked over to my side, seeing an iv in my arm. looking farther up i saw a heart monitor, showing my heart rate. it slowly dawned on me that i was in the hospital.

the curtain to my section opened, revealing a young woman. "hi, im glad you're awake." she said, closing the curtain behind her "why am i here?" i asked hesitantly. "a meteor shower hit tokyo, wiping out half the city." she replied, checking certain things. she removed the iv from my arm as she continued to talk. "your heart stopped for an entire minute! we are happy you're still here." she smiled. "that will be all for me, you're free to leave your bed whenever you please." she smiled again before walking away, but this time leaving the curtain open.

i saw a girl, younger than me. she had long hair, she was very skinny. she sat on the side of her bed, her leg in a cast. she looked up, smiling to me. "oh you're awake." she smiled. "yeah." i said awkwardly. "i'm heiya." she smiled, now moving herself into a wheel chair. "i'm y/n." i smiled back. "you were one of the last ones to wake up." she explained. "you and some guy named niragi." she continued. "niragi?" i asked.

"yeah, he woke up later than everyone else." she explained, smiling to me. "well i'm gonna go look around, i'll be back soon." she said as she rolled away in her wheel chair. i was left confused, could it really be the niragi i knew?

i pulled the blanket off me, moving my legs over to hang off the bed. my feet touched the ground as i lifted myself up. i felt a little dizzy, stumbling a bit as i regained my strength. i start to walk out of the room, opening the door gently. i walked over to the center desk, where receptionists sat. "hi! what can i do for you?" a woman maybe in her 30 smiled to me.

"hi.. um, was there anyone in the accident named niragi?" i asked. "hmm.. let me look." she smiled, typing into her computer. "suguru niragi?" she asked. "yes that's him." i smiled. "did you need to see him or were you just asking?" she smiled, looking up from her computer. "i'd like to see him, what room is he in?" i said, waiting for her reply.

"he's in room 209, go straight and then take a left, the room is on your right." she smiled, sending me off on my way. i smiled back, bowing slightly to thank her.

i walked around the corner, standing in front of room 209. i wanted to go in, but i didn't have the courage. someone behind me spoke up. "are you going in or are you just going to stand there?" a man's voice asked. i turned around, seeing a tall man, with long white hair, his hands stuffed into his pockets. "oh sorry." i said, moving out of the way. "is there someone in there you know?" the man asked. "oh yeah, but i don't know if he remembers me." i said, a sad smile on my face. "it's worth a try right?" he said, laying a hand on my shoulder, to encourage me. "yeah, maybe one day soon, thanks." i smiled, walking away.

chishiya pov -
the young girl walked away, probably having no faith in herself. i walked into the room, pushing the door open. niragi was awake, sitting up on his bed. "some girl just came by for you." i said, walking to my bed. "what? i didn't see anyone." he replied. "that's because she didn't come in, she said she didn't know if you would remember her." i replied, sitting down. "huh.. weird." he replied, ending the conversation.

y/n pov -
i walked to the vending machine, sticking in a few coins. i pushed a button, my drink coming out. i sat down on the tiny chairs next to the vending machine, sipping. on my drink. a younger man came out to the vending machine, getting a drink as well. he sat next to me, he smiled as he sat down. a younger woman came by as well. she had very short hair. she was wearing a white shirt. "oh, you forgot your change." the young man said to the lady. "oh thank you." she smiled, taking it from him.

they stared at each other for a moment, but that's when i stopped paying attention to what they were talking about. they eventually left together. "they were totally flirting with each other." a younger woman said as she sat next to me. she was very beautiful, she was very tan, and had dreads in her hair. she wore a peach tee shirt that complimented her skin tone well. "you're very beautiful." i looked at her, smiling.

"oh, thank you." she smiled back, acting shy. "i'm kuina." she said after she collected herself. "y/n." i said, a bright smile on my face. "i think we'd be good friends." she said, looking at me. "really?" i asked, realizing i had zero friends in this world. i already knew tak died, they broke the news to me earlier. so really i was alone now, absolutely no one to rely on.

"yeah, lets be friends." she smiled, sticking out her hand for me to shake. i gladly accepted, shaking it gently. "sure." i smiled.

a few days passed, kuina got discharged yesterday. we exchanged phone numbers, and she texted me often. sending me pictures or just checking up on me. we had made plans to hang out when i got discharged. it felt nice, having someone by my side.

      i was in the lobby, standing at the front desk. i had to sign some paper work to be discharged in two days. the lady smiled handing me the papers and a pen. i thanked her before turning around. i looked at the papers as i walked, which was a mistake. i ran into someone dropping my stuff. i leaned down to pick it, as the person did the same.  "i'm so sorry i wasn't looking where i was going." the man in front me of said. "no it was totally my fau-." i paused, looking up at the man. a look of confusion grew on his face.

      "niragi?"

authors note
thank you so much for 60k! i cant believe this, you guys are amazing. tysm for all the comments and love, i so appreciate it! hope you all enjoy this chapter, im thinking about having just 3 left! so i'll make the as long and perfect as i can. tysm for reading all the way till the end, even if it hasn't come yet! thank you !!