The Passenger

He was late as usual, dragging his luggage and checking his watch. He had five minutes to make it to his flight. He had just passed terminal 5, and he needed to be at terminal 16. He spilled coffee on his ACM uniform this morning, which is always a pain to clean. He got stares as he raced through terminals, he understood why though, he looked very irresponsible. After passing his current passengers, he finally reached the terminal slot. He bowed to the flight attendant and joined the co-pilot.

"I was seconds from calling Robert, Captain." Throne sneered.

Robert was Throne's father. He would always threatened Win with his father, because Throne's father was his supervisor. It irritated the crap out of Win because he was just a Co-pilot that was capable of getting under his skin.

"No need." Win heaved.

Win noticed the man eyeing his shirt. He looked at himself wondering what was the problem. Once realizing the issue, Win quickly covered his coffee stain with his palm.

He slumped in his chair next to Throne, "It was a rough morning alright," he said.

"I can tell," Throne teased.

A knock at the door interrupts the conversation. Win was glad that it did, because he didn't wish to resume this small talk any longer. The new flight attendant walks in with her hands behind her back, respectfully. "Your primary guest today is Bright Vachirawit Sir." she informed. "I'm on my way to the front desk. Would you mind announcing the safety protocol, I'll be right back," she pleaded, addressing Win. He sighed and then smiled in agreement. The flight attendant bowed her head, thankfully and vanished.

Win took the safety manual and turned towards the guests. Before he could speak, his eyes fixated on this guy in first class.

His hair was dark, his eyebrows were bold, his lips were bow-shaped, and his skin was flawless. Win's heart started to pound and he felt butterflies in his stomach. How could Win feel this way towards a stranger?

He saw strangers all the time, this shouldn't have been different, but it was. He didn't even prefer guys, but this guy was somehow an exception. Who was he kidding? He didn't even know the guy. Win was so deep in his thought's that he hadn't notice passenger's staring at him, including the mystery guy. Win was frozen in time. "Is there something wrong Captain?" the guy asked, brows raised. Win was startled and he felt his eyes widen.

"Are you Mr. Vachirawit?" he blurted out. He didn't even mean to say that. Great, now he really screwed up this time. "That is I," he responded smoothly. Win simply nodded he didn't want to worsen the situation. However, his panic began to accelerate moreso. His cheeks began to heat up instantly. Then he recalled the manual script in his hand.

"Sorry about that," Win said to everyone, even though it was intended for Bright. "I am Metawin, your pilot today. We have two emergency exits, yes, only two because this is a smaller aircraft. Uh, if oxygen levels were to decrease, oxygen bags would drop from your seats. Children receive the oxygen bags first. But there ar- aren't any children here." he spoke, hesitantly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Life vest," he stated more loudly than he meant to. He glanced at Bright who was watching him with a smirk. Win was unsteady, anxious really, and looked at the life-vest in his hands. "This red handle inflates, however, if you wish to be difficult you can blow into this straw to inflate it." Win explained, testing the waters by chuckling nervously. "I'm sorry this is normally- not me, I mean the flight attendant usually does this.... Just enjoy your flight guys." Win sighed, giving up on instructing. He looked around and then added. "And ladies! Of course." Win shifted uncomfortably. Without looking at anyone else or another word, he squirmed back to rejoin the Co-pilot.

"What the hell was that?" Throne grinned.

"Shut up." Win whined.

"You have a little crush CoMaNdEr~" he teased.

"This is a workspace, Throne, not middle school. Back to work, Captain." Win ordered annoyedly, before going back to work himself.

Throne grunted and did as told. Win and him had to make sure everything was working prior to reporting to the flight-attendents that they were prepare for take off.

After the fight, Win thanked the passengers through the airline speakers. He ensured he wouldn't acknowledge Bright when passengers left towards the flight deck. However, something within him hurt, when he realized this was surely his final encounter of Bright.