2

"How long are we staying," Ayla whispered to our mum as we stood on the doorstep of the house.

My mum replied with a look telling her to stop before she started, and Ayla got the hint.

My dad knocked on the door, and while waiting for a response I looked around at my family. I'm not even going to lie, we look stupid. For crying out loud there are eight of us packed onto a doorstep, and I'm already counting down the minutes until we leave.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as the door swings open, and a man with black curly hair stands before us. I think I met him when I was young, but I can't be sure.

"Williams! I've missed you all so much! And I see you have three more kids since I last saw you," he exclaimed. "Glad you're still getting action, Jax."

My mum hit him in the arm, and my dad laughed. Landon, Coltyn, and I looked at each other with huge eyes.

"Oh yes," the man continued, pointing his attention towards my siblings and me. "Hi, I'm Sirius, I was your parents' best friend in school."

We all introduced ourselves, and we made our way inside.

"Everyone! Jax and Gianna are here!" Sirius yelled as we made our way through the entry room.

Within seconds, the kitchen was flooded with people I'd never seen. I had Gabe in my arms, Coltyn had Zayn. Let me tell you, holding the twins was our worst idea, it was like a people magnet.

The adults conversed amongst each other while the six kids sat awkwardly to the side. After an hour or so, the door swung open again.

"I'm home," called a voice from the foyer. Immediately I was intrigued, not only was it someone around our age, but it was a boy. I think British guys are hot, he better be hot—

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by a boy with black hair and bright green eyes. He was cute, but not in the way I was hoping.

"Hello," is all he said as he walked into the kitchen.

He looked up and noticed the six kids lining the wall.

"Oh— Hello. I'm Harry," he awkwardly waved.

My brothers both introduced themselves, and when the attention turned towards me, I smiled politely. "I'm Cassandra, you can call me Cassie. I'm Coltyn's twin sister, so I'll also be a fourth year. This is Gabe."

Merlin, I was rambling. Pull yourself together, Cass.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," Harry smiled.

Lily, Harry's mum and my aunt, urges us to all get to know each other in the living room while the adults catch up.

Harry tells us how he's Coltyn and I's age, so he'll be in our year. He explains each of the different houses, and some little things to know about the school.

We spend the rest of our afternoon making small talk until the babies start fussing, and we finally leave. Don't get me wrong, I love meeting new people, but my social battery was drained.

We got home, and I went straight to my room and got in bed. Honestly, this is my favourite time of night. I can do absolutely whatever I want, makeup scenarios, have conversations with no one, literally anything.

Tonight, I was thinking about how horrible this summer was going to be. I don't know anyone here yet, and I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time by myself.

After a few minutes, I drift off.