11: serendipity

serendipity: (n.) finding something good without looking for it

——-

I found myself walking to the great hall alone on Tuesday morning, but it was ok. I was in my own world, with a smile on my face, as I reflected the events of the night before.

Over the past two months, it had become obvious that I had feelings for Malfoy, but I honestly didn't think he reciprocated them.

Daphne was sleeping when I got back last night, and she left early this morning. I'm practically bursting at the seams waiting to tell her about Draco.

"CASSANDRA WILLIAMS WHO DID THAT" Daphne screamed at me the second I sat down, earning many unwanted eyes on me.

My face burned red as I glared at her.

"Did what?" I asked quietly, the boys looked just as confused as I did.

Daphne pulled my hair back, revealing my neck.

"That." She stated with raised eyebrows, examining the bruises on my neck.

I turned to Draco, who was just getting to the table. He smirked when his eyes fell to my neck. Daphne followed my line of sight, jaw dropping when she got to him.

"You- when-" she looked at Draco with huge eyes.

My eyes trailed down to his neck to see that he hadn't covered his bruises either, and his were worse than mine.

"And you have them too?" She whisper yelled to him.

He smirked down at his plate in response, red creeping up his neck as the boys patted him on the back.

"Don't worry," I whispered to Daphne "I'll tell you all about it tonight" I smirked as I took a sip of my coffee.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy for drinking iced coffee in the middle of December, but that's how it was back in Massachusetts. Honestly, I'm not giving up iced coffee no matter how crazy people think I am, it's too good.

Classes went by rather quickly today, and before I knew it, I was sitting on the bathroom counter, gossiping, while Daphne took a shower.

"And then right before we went up to our dorms, he kissed me goodnight" I finished my story as Daphne smiled brightly.

I love Daphne, she's always there to listen and she's so down to earth.

Enough about me though, there's a question that's been in my head all day, and I need answers.

"Daph, you're not a morning person, and you weren't here when I woke up... Soooo where were you this morning" I asked, even though I'm almost one hundred percent sure she was with a new love interest.

"Ok so, Cedric Diggory," she squealed as she told me about who he was and how they snuck out to Hogsmeade this morning.

Good for her, she deserves the world. We stayed up until two in the morning talking about boys and drama. Everything is just how it should be.

-

"Your handwriting is so pretty," I complimented Draco as he handed me his narrative for review. I scanned through the essay, and I was stunned.

When I was six years old, I went into an ice cream parlor while my father had work business. I met a girl around my age with pretty brown hair, and green eyes that were too big for her face. I sat down across from her, told her she was pretty, and asked her to be my wife.....