21: tranquility

tranquility: (n.) the quality or state of being calm

——-

Kallista Dior is going to be my daughter's name.

"What about Lyra?" Draco asked me with raised eyebrows.

But this isn't my real daughter, and I don't want my real daughter to be named after a fake baby.

"Ya," I replied looking at the silicon baby on our desk "I like that."

"The charm on the babies will become active at 4pm," Snape stated "class dismissed."

Draco grabbed the baby off our desk, and we made our way to the dorms.

"Did you name yours yet?" Daphne asked as she pulled her skirt off.

"Lyra," I said, pulling on a tank top and leggings "did you?"

"Yeah, Levi," Daphne smiled.

We made our way back down to the dorms to meet up with the boys. I scanned the room to find that three of our four boys were there.

"Where's Blaise?" I asked with furrowed brows.

As if on que, Blaise came into the common room with a blush and a silicon baby of his own.

"Where were you?" I questioned.

Usually I wouldn't question why he was late, but his bashful smile and reddened cheeks were throwing me for a curve ball.

"Were you cheating on me?" Carter jeered.

"Sorry you found out this way" Blaise smirked.

We made our way to Hogsmeade, and went to 'mini wizard'.

The six of us shuffled in, babies in hand.

The store had all white interior and was filled with strollers, high chairs, toys, and baby clothes.

"We have 10 minutes until they activate," Carter stated "I think the girls should get clothes and formula, and the boys will get strollers and cribs."

"That sounds kind of misogynistic.." Daphne mumbled.

"No no no," Carter rushed to amend his sentence "I just mean you two are better with clothes and stuff like that."

I rolled my eyes as we split up.

We didn't really have to go all out for this, but we have to take care of this 'baby' for the next two months. Also we're the richest families in the wizarding world, why wouldn't we go all out?

"Oh, this is giving me baby fever," Daphne sighed as she picked out baby clothes.

"I know," I groaned "look how cute these little shoes are."

Daphne and I checked out with baby bottles, clothes, blankets, and formula. My eyes scanned the store to find the boys.

"One minute remaining!" Theo yelled across the store "Daph, come get the baby."

"You too, Williams," Draco added on.

We rolled our eyes and made our way over to the stroller section. I grabbed the baby out of Draco's arms just before it's limbs started to move.

"Did you get our baby clothes too?" Carter asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Yes of course," I laughed as I handed him the bag.

"We'll meet you guys back at the dorm," Daphne smiled.

The six of us decided to share the boys' dorm to make this whole assignment easier. In reality, it would've been way easier if Daphne and I had been partners and Draco and Theo had been parters, but we all tiptoed around that fact.

We walked into the room, boxes appearing every time the boys ordered something new.

"We should reorganize," Daphne said as she inspected the messy dorm.

"First, let's set up the cribs so we can put these babies down," I joked as I pulled out my wand.

We placed the babies into the crib and silently fell into a cleaning routine. I put away the boys' laundry while she cleaned the bathroom. Then she started to hang up the baby clothes while I opened the other boxes.

After the whole dorm was set up for parenting, Daphne and I flopped onto the bed.

Right as my back hit the mattress, the boys walked in and Lyra started to wail loudly.

"Motherfucker," I rolled my eyes while getting up to pull the baby out of the crib "you guys need to be more quiet now, the babies are sleeping."

I feel like my mother; oh my Merlin.

The babies are right next to real now, they move, cry, everything. Sometimes I hate magic.

"Give her to me," Draco said while reaching out his arms.

I handed him the baby, and he rocked her until she was quiet again. He gently placed her back in the crib before turning to the group.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" He whispered.

"Why don't we just stay in and watch a movie?" Blaise suggested.

"We have three babies that need to sleep," Daphne pointed out.

"We can cast muffliato over our side of the dorm, so we can hear them but they can't hear us?" Carter suggested.

"Yes Addison, you're a genius," Theo patted Carter on the back, causing all of us to 'shush' him before one of our babies woke up. 

We put on a movie and crawled into bed. I was with Draco, Daph was with Theo, and the other boys were in their own beds. Everyone shut their side curtains, just leaving the one at the foot of the bed open so we could still see the tv.

I cuddled into Draco's chest as he stretched his right arm around my waist. I wore one of his t-shirts and a pair of his boxers, and he was shirtless with a pair of black sweatpants, 'SLYTHERIN' printed down the side.

Those sweatpants look comfortable. I'll probably steal them later.

His hand rubbed circles into my hip as we watched the movie. I listened to the content beat of his heart, and everything else was a blur as I zoned out.

Something feels off. I know not yet, but sometime soon. This is all too good to be true. Something is gonna tear us all down. I just hope it's later rather than sooner. Everything is so perfect right now. It's all constant, like the beating of Draco's heart.

I used to beg for change, but upon coming here, I never want change ever again. Because when there's something good, change always makes it bad.

I fell asleep while continuing to think about everything.

This; this is the calm before the storm.

short chapter, i'm sorry. school and cheer are absolutely destroying me right now, but i'll keep trying to update a few times a week.

lmk your thoughts so far!

i love you all, don't forget to vote <3