22: clinomania

clinomania (n.) excessive desire to stay in bed

——-

"Bloody hell, it's 4 am," Draco groaned as he got up to tend to the crying baby in its crib.

We had to go into my dorm with Lyra because she wouldn't stop crying. She's been screaming bloody murder every time we put her down.

"Maybe she's sick?" I suggested, my voice raspy from exhaustion "we can take her to Pomfrey in the morning."

"I'll never forgive Snape for creating this charm," Draco complained.

Snape created the charm that would make these silicon baby dolls seem real, and he did not cut corners. The only difference between Lyra and an actual baby is that all Lyra's feelings are artificial.

Despite being artificial, this child is an absolute drama queen. I swear, Snape was more harsh with ours because he hates my dad.

"You should sleep," Draco whispered as he rocked the, now sleeping, baby "you have a test first class."

I contemplated his offer for a second, but I agreed because I was exhausted. Plus, I did have a test in the morning while Draco had free period.

Although Lyra is a pain, I hope my life is just like this one day; I want to have a cute little family with Draco. The sight of him rocking the baby makes my heart melt.

Draco sat against the headboard with Lyra in his arms, and I put my head in his lap to get a few hours of much needed sleep.

My dream was filled with an amazing future, we had two sets of twins. The four children had my green eyes and Draco's platinum blonde hair. Everything was calm and content, just the way it should be.

"Love, you need to wake up," Draco whispered, effectively pulling me out of my dream.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as I got up. To say that I feel like absolute shit would be an understatement. I'm still just as tired, and my body feels sluggish.

Although, my complaints are instantly unimportant as I turn to Draco, his eyes bloodshot with deep purple bags underneath them.

"I'll take her to classes," I said while getting up from the bed "you need rest. I'll tell the professors you're sick."

"Are you sure?" He asked, his eyes barely staying open.

"Positive," I replied as I pulled on my uniform.

I took Lyra from Draco, changed her diaper and clothes, grabbed a bottle of formula, and made my way out.

The day dragged by, Lyra giggling and reaching for everything she could. Although I shouldn't admit it, I was purposely keeping her awake from class to class. She needs to sleep tonight; as do Draco and I.

Every fifth year in the school has a baby with them, and I'm sure if a newcomer came to the school, they'd be awfully confused as to why all the fourteen and fifteen year olds have children. Regardless of this, no one looks or acts nearly as exhausted as I felt.

Snape definitely did something to our baby.

"The babies will be returned a week from today," Snape's monotone voice echoed throughout the classroom "I'm expecting you all to return them completely healthy and happy. Tomorrow we will start the male puberty unit..." My eyes got heavier and heavier as his voice went on for the rest of the class.

Like a gift from Merlin himself, the bell rang to dismiss class.

I made my way down to the infirmary to get my fucking silicon baby checked out.