Daphne and I spent our morning going through magazines and ordering things for our room. We decided on a neon theme. Since our dorms were underwater, we wanted to take advantage of the darkness.

As we're walking down to the great hall for breakfast, I remember to ask about the boys.

"Hey, Daph?" I question.

"Yeah, what's up?" she replies.

"Are you friends with Theo Nott and Blaise Zabini?" I asked.

Daphne's eyes light up as she nods. "Yes oh my gosh, we're like a big friend group, Malfoy too. I'm expecting you to join us, I hate being the only girl."

"Ok," I smile. "Malfoy and I are on a rocky start, but I think I'll be ok."

We continue our walk to the hall where the boys are already sitting. The second I sit Malfoy gets up and walks out.

"What's up with him?" Daphne and I ask the boys at the same time.

Blaise smirks and replies, "he isn't very fond of Williams, but if I'm being honest, I think he fancies her."

I roll my eyes and look down the table for Coltyn. He's sitting with his roommates.

They're so hot oh my Merlin.

"Who's that boy sitting next to Coltyn?" I ask to no one in particular.

"The one on his left is Oliver Jacobs, and the one on the right is Gavin Jacobs, they're twins." Theo said while following my line of sight.

I stared for a second more before replying, "they're cute."

"Introduce yourself!" Daphne whisper yelled to me.

I contemplated my options. Either I introduce myself or Coltyn can for me.

"I'll wait for the week to go by. If I have classes with either one I'll introduce myself then. If not, I'll do it by the end of the week"

-

Daphne, Coltyn, Blaise, Theo, Draco, and I all sat in the common room. We were trying to figure out who had classes with who.

"So I have care of magical creatures and arithmancy with Daphne, divination with Coltyn, potions with all of you, and defense and essay writing with Malfoy," I determined.

"I can't believe they're requiring us to take essay writing. It's literally a class MUGGLES take. Why would we need it?" Theo groaned as he read over his own schedule.

"It's dumb, but I heard it's only for the first semester because so many of us fail our essays," Blaise says while rolling his eyes. "Apparently the next semester we have Sex Ed with Snape," he added with a chuckle.

That's gonna be interesting.

Conversation continued around me as I got lost in thought.

It's Sunday night, and I'm pretty nervous for classes, if I'm being completely honest. Malfoy and I have been civil with each other. I keep thinking about what Blaise said about him fancying me, but I push it to the back of my head knowing that it obviously isn't the case. It's a shame. He's really cute, and I would totally fancy him if he wasn't such an ass.

Defense against the dark arts is going to be horrible though, I don't know anyone in that class except Malfoy. On top of that, it's my worst subject.

The twins are really sweet. I know they're a year older than us, so they probably won't spend as much time with us as they do with their other friends. So far, Coltyn has been spending a lot of time with the fifth years as well, but I don't mind.

I love Coltyn, and I trust him with everything, but it's better for us to have our own friend groups. It's always been that way.

Eventually, Daphne announces that it's late, and she's heading up to bed. I agree, following her out.

We get ready for bed and immediately fall asleep; a good night's sleep is absolutely crucial for the first day.