7

It's 11:30pm, and I'm crying over my stupid essay. It's due tomorrow morning, and I have no creative ideas right now. I've been sitting on the floor at the table by the fire place in the common room for the past hour.

Personally, I like to work in the library, but I had to leave an hour ago, when curfew started.

"Hey are you ok?" A voice from the boys' dormitory stairs asked.

Quickly, I covered my mouth. I prayed that they wouldn't see me, and they would go back upstairs.

However, he didn't. Instead, the boy walked over to the table and sat down across from me.

Oliver Jacobs.

"What's up?" He asked, his eyes staying on mine.

I knew I looked pathetic, mascara running down my face, bloodshot eyes filled with tears, and hair in a messy bun.

I took a deep breath before starting, "I have this essay that has to be reviewed tomorrow, my partner is a bit harsh, and I cannot write right now."

The tears just kept sliding down my face, I couldn't even control it. I would've been embarrassed if I wasn't so stressed.

"How about we take a walk, and then when we get back I'll help you write? Maybe you just need a break." Oliver offered with kind eyes.

I agreed, wiping my tears as I got up.

We walked to the quidditch pitch, and he told me about his life. He hates being a twin, but couldn't imagine it any other way.

I love being a twin, it's like a built in best friend.

Olli's favorite color is blue, he hates snakes even though he's a Slytherin, he's a beater in quidditch.

We learned a lot about each other while laying out in the grass.

"Could we start heading back?" I asked, guiltily. "Sorry, it's not that I don't like this, but I'm freezing and I still have an essay to finish."

"Yes, right, sorry I got carried away—" He jumped up quickly. "Erm— here you can wear my jumper."

Oliver immediately pulled off his sweatshirt and handed it to me. I pulled it on, immediately surrounded by the comforting scent of cedar.

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

We walked back in a comfortable silence and got to writing my essay. He told me to write it exactly like how I was telling him about myself on the pitch.

After an hour and a half, I had a good enough essay for peer review and turn in.

"We should both get to bed," I sighed as I got up from my spot on the floor. "Thank you for helping me out, it means a lot."

He smiled and pulled me into a hug, "of course."

He kissed my cheek and went up to his dorm.

I quickly walked up to my own dorm with red cheeks, a smile, and a million questions flying around my head.

What are we? Did it even mean anything to him? What do I do the next time I see him?

Of course, Daphne was sleeping when I got into the room. I got ready for bed, as quietly as possible, and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Daphne woke me up the next morning by screaming into my ear.

"Merlin, Daph, what's got you so—" I'm interrupted by her yelling again.

It's too early for this.

"WHICH JACOBS BROTHER?"

How does she already know?