30: komorebi

komorebi: (n.) sunlight that filters through the leaves of trees

——-

We are pleased to invite you to the first annual Wizarding Midsommar event. Be at the Lancaster Castle on June 21st. The event will occur promptly at 6 p.m.

We ask that you do not bring plus ones, as every single guest, child or adult, has gotten a personal invitation. This event will be pureblood exclusive, and an extremely public social event. Wards will be in place, as a precaution, to let in purebloods only.

RSVP by owl no later than the first of June.

I moved my eyes off the letter to see that many of the students in the Great Hall were reading similar letters. Especially those at the Slytherin table. I never realized just how many purebloods the house had.

Draco and Theo's letters sat unopened on the table. I don't remember the last time either of them were on time for breakfast. The two boys sleep in almost every morning.

"It's kind of early for these to be sent out," Daphne pointed out after she finished reading her letter "it should've been sent eight weeks before, not ten. Everyone knows that's the proper way to do first annuals."

I rolled my eyes at Daphne's event planning knowledge. Without a doubt, she's going to be filling the society pages when we're older.

"I hate society events," Blaise groaned, ignoring Daphne's input on the invitations "mother comes home with a new bloke every time."

I poked at my breakfast as the conversation continued around me. I'd barely slept last night, and I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

"No iced coffee, Williams?" Carter asked me with raised eyebrows.

"Nope." I replied, aggravation lacing my voice "The professors decided that it wasn't healthy enough to be served, so if I want coffee I'm going to have to go to fucking Hogsmeade in the mornings."

"It's not that bad without it," Daphne protested "I feel perfectly awake."

"Ya, easy for you to say," I groaned "you started drinking coffee around a year ago when I introduced you to it. I've been living off of it since second year. I'm having withdrawals."

Call me dramatic, but coffee is my saving grace, and the timing on the removal of my morning drink could not have been worse. I put the weight of my head in my hand as I stared off across the hall. Despite the commotion around me, I still got close to drifting off again.

"Here, love," Draco's voice pulled me out of my trance.

I turned to see him slide a goblet of iced coffee towards me before sitting down to my right. My eyes widened as I looked down at the tan drink. The color took a lighter shade, leading me to believe that there was already enough cream and sugar.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed as I took a long sip of the sweet liquid.

The sugary coffee traveled through my bloodstream, and I immediately felt my day turning for the better. I threw my arms around Draco, my frown long gone.

"A full one-eighty just because of some coffee," Blaise chuckled before taking a sip of pumpkin juice. "You would think he just bought her a private island."

"She loves the bloody coffee more than she loves me," Draco joked as he put some food onto his plate "she's looking at the goblet like it's her whole world."

"I love you," I smiled "more than my iced coffee."

"Don't lie, Williams." Theo sternly demanded while sarcasm dripped from his tongue.