37

Mila stormed up the path to Max's house. She banged on the door. She didn't care what the time was.

Max opened the door and glared. "Do you realise what time it is?"

"I don't care. Chloe is in hospital. Fighting for her life! She had a car accident leaving you and now she's in hospital."

Max paled as he looked at Mila. "Where's Poppy?" He asked.

"She's with Simon. Chloe clearly didn't want you around her so I'm respecting her wishes and keeping you away from her."

Max rolled his eyes. "She's my daughter. I have rights."

"Not when you've been a jerk with Chloe. She doesn't want you near her," Mila said as she turned and walked off.

***
Mila went to the hospital. Olga was there. Olga smiled. "There's been no change yet. They're worried about brain damage. She's also pregnant."

Mila's eyes widened. She didn't think Chloe and Max had slept together in a while. She sighed. "Simon kept Poppy with him. I can't believe this," she mumbled.

Olga nodded. "I know darling. Listen you go back to them. I'll stay here with Chloe."

"Are you sure?"

Olga smiled and nodded. She looked at her. "Go on. Go back to your handsome man. Look after those two girls."

***
Mila walked through the front door. Simon was there waiting for her. He smiled. "Any news?" He asked.

Mila shook her head. "Nope. The doctor's are worried about brain damage. Are the kids sleeping?"

"Yeah. They're both sleeping. Aurora got a little grizzly but she went to sleep again. Are you okay?" Simon asked.

"I don't know babe. Everything is a mess right now. I'm so tired," she mumbled.

Simon nodded. "You go get some sleep baby. I'll be here when you wake up," he said.

"Thank you."

Simon kissed her quickly before he took her upstairs. He watched as she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

***
Mila woke a few hours later. She walked downstairs and saw Simon with pink on him. "What's going on?" She asked.

"Poppy here decided to want a pink party with me. Aurora is loving it. I'm not," Simon said as he looked at her.

Mila grinned and kissed him. "You look amazing. Thank you for this babe. I appreciate it," he said.

"It's okay. Go sit down. This party is getting more and more entertaining," he said as he kissed her again.

***
Mila went to the hospital. Simon had taken the kids to his mum who had come over and he went with her.

He took her hand. "I'm here for you."

"Thank you. I love you."

"I love you too."

The two of them kissed passionately. They walked inside. Olga was there. She was crying. "What's happened?" Mila asked.

"It's Chloe. The baby died. She's on life support. They don't know if she will pull through. The doctor has warned us to prepare for the worst."

Mila felt her heart shatter into a thousand pieces. She couldn't believe it. Mila knew one thing. She was going to get revenge on Max Tyler. And he wasn't getting away with what he had done.