40

Mila and Simon had been trying for a baby. But it hadn't happened yet. Mila was beginning to worry that it wasn't going to happen. She felt like deep down, there was a problem with her.

When she woke that morning, she walked down into the living room and saw Simon sitting with Aurora. She smiled. "How are my two favourite people?" She asked.

Simon smirked. "We've been talking about how we're going to prank you soon. And you know, Ro here had some good ideas."

Mila smiled and nodded. She picked up her daughter and held her close. "You are mummy and daddy's number one girl."

Simon looked to her. "We should have a boy next."

"I can't control what sex the baby comes out you know. It could be a girl. And there isn't even a baby yet. So I don't know why we're talking about it," Mila said.

Simon nodded. "I know babe. I'm just excited that we both want to make our family a little bigger. I love you and I love Aurora," he said.

Mila smiled. "I'm sorry. I'm just annoyed that I'm not pregnant yet. It's driving me insane."

***
The two of them went into work. Simon smiled as he walked off and took aurora to the crèche. Mila saw her sister and smiled. "You're back!"

Chloe shrugged. "Not properly. I'm just here to talk to Max about something. He's been too caring lately. And I just want to know if he's okay," she said as she looked at her.

Mila nodded and smiled. "It's good to see you though. When will you be coming back?"

"I don't know yet. I only got out of hospital last night. And well... I don't feel comfortable working with Max yet. He's staying in the spare room for now."

Mila hugged her sister. She looked at her. "If you need us to have Poppy, then we're happy to. I know how hard it is," she told her.

***
Mila was sitting in the staffroom. She groaned as she felt a cramp in her stomach. She felt like she was going to get her period. Which meant she wasn't pregnant which annoyed her.

The door opened and Simon walked in. He saw the look on her face. "Hey. What's up?"

"I think I got my period. I have the worst cramps," she mumbled as she looked at him.

Simon sighed. "It's okay babe. We can try again when you're off. Don't worry about it," he said.

"We've been trying for weeks. And it's not happened yet."

"Give it chance babe. It'll be okay."

***
Mila felt like a failure knowing it had been taking so long for her to get pregnant. She knew that she just wanted a family with Simon. And she knew they had Aurora. But she wanted another baby to complete them.

Mila looked up as Chloe walked in. "I might be a little bonkers here. But... are you sure you're okay?"

Mila shrugged. "I don't know. Simon and I have been trying for a baby. And it's just not happening. I've gotten my period," she mumbled.

Chloe sighed. "It'll happen when you're least expecting it. We both know it. You just have to not try. And then it'll happen," Chloe told her.

"I don't know. I just feel like there's something wrong," Mila mumbled.

"There's nothing wrong. You're just trying too hard to get pregnant. Don't keep trying and then it'll happen," Chloe said.

Mila smiled and nodded. But she knew how she wanted another baby. But was another baby going to help her relationship with Simon or just drive them apart?