46

Mila knew how Simon hadn't been himself lately. She knew how he was missing his mum. But she hated how he had been pushing her away. And she didn't know why.

She knew that he missed his mum. But she was trying to be there for him. She didn't want him to push her away. Not when she wanted to be there and support him.

Mila knew how she and Simon were having another baby. She knew it was going to be hard. Especially as she knew that they were going to have two under the age of two.

All she knew was that life was about to get a lot more complicated than it already was. And she didn't know if she was ready for it.

When she woke that morning, she saw him sitting on the bed with Aurora. She sat up and smiled. "Hey. How are you?" She asked.

Simon shrugged. He sighed. "It just isn't fair knowing that Aurora won't ever get to meet my mum. I don't like the idea of that. I want her to know she would have loved her.

Mila took his hand and smiled. "It will be okay. We will tell her. And you have your dad. But I've noticed you don't seem to mention him much."

Simon nodded. "It's too painful. I just think I remind him too much of my mum. And it's complicated there."

"I understand. It's complicated with my family too. But it's gonna be okay. We're our own little family. And nothing is going to change that."

Simon kissed her and smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too. Always and forever."

"Always and forever."

***
The two of them went into work. Simon walked off with Aurora. Mila walked over to Chloe. "Why do you look like you've been throwing up all morning?" She asked.

Chloe sighed. "I have. I think I'm pregnant. I just don't want Max to know. I don't know if I'm going to keep it," she told her.

Mila looked to her. "When did you sleep with him last?"

"About two months ago. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. I mean, we're not together. He's staying in a hotel. He dropped off Poppy and we put her to bed. Then it happened," Chloe mumbled. She sighed. "Anyway. How's Simon?"

Mila looked to her and sighed. She didn't know how to open up about how she felt. "It's okay. I think he's struggling with losing his mum. But I don't know how to help him."

***
Mila was in the staffroom. She looked up as Vaughan walked in. She didn't want to speak to him. But he clearly had other ideas. "I think we need to talk. You're my daughter. Yet it doesn't feel like we're a family."

Mila nodded. "Cause we're not. We haven't been a family in ages. You saw fit to that," she told him as she went to walk off.

Vaughan grabbed her arm. He looked to her. "You're just acting like a brat. I thought once you became a teacher, you'd mature."

Mila looked to him. She shook her head. "I honestly don't care what you think. Leave me alone."

***
Mila walked into the house. She heard Aurora crying. She walked into the living room to see Simon shouting at her. "Simon!" She yelled.

Simon turned to Mila and walked out. But what was going on with him?