006 friendship bracelets

CHAPTER SIX
( friendship bracelets )

CHAPTER SIX( friendship bracelets )

SEPT 14, 2149
DAY TWO ON THE GROUND

CAN'T PRETEND
━━━ TOM ODELL

" love, i have wounds
only you can mend. "

"HEY, HOW DO WE KNOW THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY?" Murphy questioned, gray rocks shifting incessantly beneath the group's shoes as they traveled as a unit through the forest; having ditched the idea of remaining split up after Clarke and Finn had made their disheartening discovery.

"We don't." Bellamy responded satirically, walking horizontally across the back of the group to move to the opposite side of where he had been moving; boredom creeping in on him.

"Spacewalker thinks he's a tracker."

"It's called 'cutting sign.' Fourth year earth skills. He's good." Wells explained irritatedly, Bellamy clearly getting on his nerves, just like he was everyone else's.

"Yeah, like searching for the most diminutive signs of disturbance in the environment you're investigating instead of just big, obvious things like foot prints. Snapped twigs, clothing fibers, hair....the slightest changes in stuff like that. You gotta really be paying attention." Dakota backed him, her eyes drifting up to the blue sky every couple minutes to silently admire its beauty; adoring being enveloped in a color other than black. She was wearing Jasper's goggles loosely around her neck for some form of solace.

"Exactly." Wells gestured to the girl, who had given a flawless explanation to cutting sign; effortlessly combating Bellamy's arrogant and unknowledgeable comment.

"You wanna keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Finn inquired, Dakota biting her lip when she realized she had probably been speaking far too loud for someone who was trying to avoid getting speared.

He paused suddenly, the rest of the group automatically stopping with him; the brunette knitting his brows as he examined a thin, fractured branch embellished with dainty viridescent leaves. Crouching down beneath the minute oddity, he guided his fingers along the rocks; successfully finding a mere few droplets of blood.

"Snapped twigs, told ya." Dakota pointed to the small branch, reaching out to twiddle with its broken piece; a tiny, satisfied smile on her features.

"See? You're invisible." Bellamy leaned closer to Wells, the Jaha boy clenching his jaw at his words.

A chilling and low moan suddenly echoed through the forest from a distance; the noise ricocheting off the abundance of lively trees and filling their ears. A grievous efflux of unadulterated fear rushed over Dakota like a crashing wave, the subdued and unearthly noise tensing every muscle in her body; the group freezing for an eerie moment.