030 butterflies and blood

CHAPTER THIRTY
( butterflies and blood )

OCT 6 & 7, 2149DAYS TWENTY FOUR & TWENTY FIVE ON THE GROUND

OCT 6 & 7, 2149
DAYS TWENTY FOUR & TWENTY FIVE ON THE GROUND

"WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO STOP YOU FROM COMING IN HERE?" Clarke frailly asked Finn, whose eyes were urgently flickering around the disgusting, absolutely appalling drop ship as he searched for a place to set her safely down; her arm hanging pendulously in the air.

"Get better." he breathed simply.

"Tavia, pull that out, please." Dakota huffed, nodding to a rolled up sleeping mat on a scarce spot of free space on the dirty floors; still clutching onto the wheezing Fox with all her might, holding the girl to her unstable feet.

Octavia rapidly hurried over to the area, prepping it in a matter of seconds with a spare blood-stained pillow and orange blanket as Dakota ungracefully lowered the 15 year old down onto it.

"If he's not sick by now then he's probably immune, like us." Octavia tried to reassure the feeble blonde; gesturing between her and Dakota.

"Here, come on. She can take mine." Murphy offered, removing himself from the blue hammock he was lounging in to donate it for Clarke.

Coughing and vomiting rang about the sullen space, Dakota kneeling by Fox and stroking her cinnamon-hued hair as the 15 year old gradually regulated her once panicked breathing again; the Thompson girl's eyes closed momentarily as she tried to regain her bearings. Entering again after having spent a few minutes outside had made her vertigo worse upon coming back in; as if she needed to 'get used' to it all over again.

"What else did Lincoln tell you?" Finn asked Octavia, both standing by the hammock Clarke was now resting in.

"The virus doesn't last long." she answered.

"It's true. I feel better." Murphy commented, having sat down against the cool, metal wall; demolished face aching with all his many cuts and bruises from being tortured by the grounders.

"You hear that, Foxie? You'll be better in no time." Dakota opened her eyes at this, sending a reassuring smile down at the girl; hoping the tears glittering her irises at the sight of her suffering were not visible to her.

"They need to stay hydrated." Clarke hoarsely stated, shakily trying to push herself up onto her elbows; stopped by Finn's hand on her shoulder.

"You need to stay hydrated." he told her at the same time Octavia had fetched two cups of water, carefully gifting one to the blonde before bringing the second to Fox on the floor a few feet away. She handed it to Dakota, who thanked her with a weak smile and grateful nod before placing a hand tenderly under Fox's head; slowly lifting it up and helping her take a few measly sips.