043 trigger happy

CHAPTER FORTY THREE
( trigger happy )

OCT 13, 2149DAY THIRTY ONE ON THE GROUND

OCT 13, 2149
DAY THIRTY ONE ON THE GROUND

I'LL BE GOOD
━━━ JAYMES YOUNG

" i'll be good for all the
times I never could. "

"SO LET ME JUST GET THIS STRAIGHT." Fallon clarified back in the dorm, furrowing her brows and leaning against a bunk bed with crossed arms. She was looking down at Dakota and Miller, the girl's head resting on his shoulder as they both studied the binder in his hands— one of the welcome folders Mount Weather had gifted them.

"You can't get anything straight, Fallon." he snorted, eyes not drifting from the binder.

The hotheaded blonde scowled, giving him a swift, mild kick to the chest without hitting Dakota; his eyes snapping up to her then as the smirk shattered from his face.

"Ow! What the hell?! I just had surgery!"

"And you'll be right back in the operating room if you keep it up!"

"What? You think being called gay is offensive?" he raised his brows, beginning to become legitimately angered.

"Of course not dumbass! I'm pansexual. I just don't like my name in your mouth because I don't like you." she huffed.

"Hah! I knew it!" Miller cheered, all annoyance evaporating at her explanation.

"Wait, you're pan? I didn't know that!" Dakota gasped, a small smile appearing on her face before she continued.

"I want you to know—"

"Let's not do the whole I support you no matter what speech, Thompson. Not my style, and I already know you support it. Back to my point. We figure out Mount Weather is sketchy, and the first thing you do is decide that us going to this welcome party with the President's grandson is a good idea?" she questioned incredulously, tone implying how stupid she believed Dakota was being about this.

"All our friends are going, it would look suspicious if we didn't go. And Jaxx is obviously not the enemy. He stuck up for us today with O'Connor." the Thompson girl corrected her, playfully raising her brows as Fallon let out an aggravated sigh; titling her head back with a quiet groan.

"He could just be trying to earn our trust! That doesn't prove anything about wether or not he's the enemy!"

"Clarke should be back from her meeting with Dante any minute. If she learns something horrible during that, then we won't go. Easy peasy." she then shrugged. As if she had heard her name and arrived on cue, Clarke came walking over to them; their eager eyes falling promptly to her as Jasper joined the small group.