044 welcome party

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
( welcome party )

OCT 13, 2149DAY THIRTY ONE ON THE GROUND

OCT 13, 2149
DAY THIRTY ONE ON THE GROUND

DAKOTA THOMPSON HAD A PLAN.

Though she did not hold the same suspicion towards Mount Weather that Clarke and Fallon did, she was far from ready to sit back and do nothing to help rescue her friends still stuck beyond the safety of this compound. To help Bellamy. She wanted him back. She wanted them all back, and she'd be damned if she did not make that happen.

Her plan was not to use Jaxx as much as it was to become friends with him, and then ask for a simple favor from a pal. She sincerely did want to make a companion out of him; he seemed kind and she was fascinated by the life he lived here in Mount Weather. Her intentions were genuine, but saving her friends trapped outside was her number one priority. Asking him to try to convince Dante to allow anyone in the 48 who wanted to to join one of their patrol squads was the only move she could currently think to make. And so, almost immediately upon entering the large dining hall— adorned in decorations for the welcome party— she found her way to him.

"Hey!" she greeted, the boy turning around at her appearance; the girl only then seeing he was in the middle of speaking to someone else.

He smiled when he saw her, but it was strained; obviously from the allegedly unpleasant conversation he was engaging in with the stranger before him.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't realize you were—"

"He's not." the man responded, his glare at Jaxx overwhelmingly cold; his gaze immediately warming up upon looking over to Dakota with a sincere-seeming smile.

He had gelled back, pitch-black hair and a small scar on his upper lip; suit pressed and neat. He nodded at her, hands clasped behind his back before he turned to depart; the girl's lips parting at the tense atmosphere she'd accidentally inserted herself into. She watched him stroll away for a moment, going to chat with various delinquents and many of her friends; soon turning back to Jaxx and raising her brows as he let out a small sigh.

"Is uh... is everything okay?" she inquired uneasily, not sure if it was an appropriate question to be asking for how little they knew each other. But he shook his head as his once drawn shoulders eventually relaxed, assuring her it was alright.

"That was my step dad, Cage. We uh... we don't get along the best, would be the easiest way to put it." he explained with a forced chuckle.

"Ahh, I gotcha. Sorry." Dakota nodded, twisting her lips to the side momentarily as she rocked lightly on her heels; both having to raise their voices slightly to be heard over the noise of the many people.