015 space girl

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
( space girl )

SEPT 24, 2149DAY TWELVE ON THE GROUND

SEPT 24, 2149
DAY TWELVE ON THE GROUND

FINN AND DAKOTA SPRINTED THROUGH THE RICH WOODS, THEIR EYES DESPERATELY SCANNING for Bellamy or the Pod; having split up from Clarke to cover more ground. So far they'd had no luck, but as sweet droplets of light rain showered upon them, the sunshine remained gleaming as their damp baby hairs stuck to their faces; Dakota's dark locks still in the two braids from the previous night.

"Can we slow down some?" Dakota requested, her legs not able to carry her as fast as Finn's carried him; the girl out of breath and struggling to keep up.

"Yeah, sorry." Finn nodded, looking over his shoulder when he realized the girl had fallen behind him; slowing his pace until he made it back to her side.

"So, tell me Finnie." she began jocosely, panting heavily as they reduced to a walk; a small smirk playing at her lips.

"When Clarke said she let herself get distracted...."

The boy chuckled at her innocently implying tone as Dakota smiled over at him; making it abundantly obvious what she was wishing to discuss.

"What was she referring to? Did you guys go on like... an earth date, or something?"

Dakota's mind was far too incorrupt to be thinking of something inappropriate, nor would she ever ask such an indecorous question even if she was thinking of something on the naughtier side. She wasn't asking or assuming, and Finn wasn't one to kiss and tell, but that didn't mean he couldn't answer the entirely harmless question.

"We just... talked and went stargazing." he decided on, Dakota seeming to be satisfied with his answer; her smile greatly widening into a bright beam.

"So... yeah, I guess you could call that an earth date." the boy admitted, trying to suppress a smirk and keep his boyish, helpless blush to a minimum; though he knew it wasn't any secret to anyone that he had been infatuated with Clarke Griffin since the moment they crossed paths.

"I'm happy for you guys."

The hundred's two natural peacemakers felt themselves encompassed with bliss for a brief moment. For almost the first time since they landed on earth, a normal conversation was being had. It wasn't about the danger posed, or the food they didn't have, or the mountain they weren't dropped on, or the medicine they lacked. It was a regular, happy passing of words; not everything had to always be about life and death.

And, of course, just as they were thinking that, the two emerged from the woods and into a small clearing where news of anything but bliss was unknowingly awaiting them. A double sneak attack awaiting Finn.

There in the field stood Clarke next to the fallen pod, watching with a warm smile as an unfamiliar girl almost her exact height took in earth for the very first time; evidently mesmerized by what she was seeing. Her arms were outstretched to openly receive the wonders she had traveled all the way from space to reach, her head tilted towards the clear sky and green tree tops with an enraptured beam on her face. Olive skin and a pronounced jawline, the stranger's cappuccino-colored hair was woven with strands of shimmering brown copper, tied up into a messy ponytail. She was clothed in a short red coat and black jeans, a gray t-shirt with holes penetrated through the soft fabric to decorate the top beneath the shield from cold; charcoal-hued boots with long laces rising far past her ankles and hugging the bottom of her calves. Dakota couldn't help but instantly smile too, amazed by the touching scene of the stranger reacting to the beautiful planet; her new home.