065 a delinquent teenage girl from hydra

CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE
( a delinquent teenage girl from hydra )

CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE( a delinquent teenage girl from hydra )

OCT 31, 2149
DAY FORTY NINE ON THE GROUND

"AFTERNOON, WRENCH MONKEY." Fallon greeted, waltzing through the door of the shop. Her friendly mien vanished as she paused and sent the other presence occupying the space a stony expression; curtly uttering his name. "Kyle."

"Stop stealing my nickname, Fallon. And stop calling me Kyle." he sighed, only being met with an aggravatingly innocent smile and hum from the blonde.

Raven briefly glanced over her shoulder from where she sat hunched in front of the radio, catching a glimpse of her shrugging off her heavy coat onto a nearby chair; the girl silently wincing as she slipped her injured arm out of it. The mechanic turned back to the device, tampering with its antennas as she pursed her lips and let out a sigh. "Bellamy really let you keep that coat?"

"She didn't give me much of a choice." his voice, only vaguely mingling with static, emitted from the radio.

The blonde's ears perked, not having spoken to their inside man in a day or two. She parked by the radio next to Raven, taking the handheld microphone from her and giving a slight tug on it's corkscrew wire as she brought it to her lips. "Blake, how's my girl doing?" she asked nonchalantly, chestnut eyes curiously scanning the glass board Wick was studying. It was covered in their handwriting, none of it stuff she could comprehend. She brought her eyes back to the radio when Bellamy didn't respond. "Hello?"

"Hold on. I got someone who wants to say hi."

Before they could even fully process his unanticipated words, another voice was coming from the line; a voice they both knew and loved. "Raven?"

Fallon's breath hitched in her throat, her lips falling open in shock. She stood frozen, gawking wide-eyed at the device. She had prayed and hoped and wished to hear that voice again, for that voice to be safe from all of life's harm.

After a long moment, Raven's gaze moved in her direction; sending her a warm, crooked smirk. "You gonna get that?"

An untamable beam of elation and relief stretched across the Fallon's features, sharing an amazed glance with the Reyes girl; a breathy laugh of joy tumbling from her lips as she pressed shakily down on the button again. The utter excitement coursing through her veins almost captured her ability to even speak. "Dakota?"

Just as she had done to her, there was a long string of silence before the dark-haired girl replied; those 5 seconds of waiting feeling like 5 years. "Fallon?!"