054 spacewalker Ⅰ

CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR
( spacewalker I )

OCT 22 & 23, 2149DAYS FORTY & FORTY ONE ON THE GROUND

OCT 22 & 23, 2149
DAYS FORTY & FORTY ONE ON THE GROUND

THINGS HAD BEEN GOING POORLY EVER SINCE JOHN MURPHY AND FALLON WALSH SLEPT TOGETHER. She wasn't sure how, but the hotheaded blonde was certain that every bad thing currently taking place at camp was somehow a direct consequence to her night with the cockroach.

After Raven had brilliantly discovered a way to listen in on Mount Weather— giving them direct coverage of their enemy's radio system— the Blake siblings had shown up with a familiar reaper; one that was formerly known as Lincoln. The news sent shockwaves throughout the few people who knew; Mount Weather was creating them.

Much to the Walsh girl's disdain, Thelonious Jaha had managed to survive long enough to make it to their new campgrounds; carrying a message that the grounders were marching on them, and that they had two short days to flee camp before bloodshed would commence. But, like true arcadians do, they had enough stupidity to stay put. Clarke had enlisted her mother to restore Lincoln to his original glory, and once the grounders learned reapers could be turned back into men, whispers of a possible truce spread through the air.

And that's where they were now— an army of thousands of grounders camped directly outside their gates; ready to strike at a moment's notice while the Griffin girl negotiated in one of their farthest tents with Trikru's commander.

"I don't get the whole commander thing." Fallon pursed her lips. She was standing with Bellamy and Raven, all three watching the gate as they waited for Clarke's return; a machine gun resting in the boy's arms. "They're freakishly obsessed with her. They'd all die before they let anything happen to their leader."

"Can't relate." Raven shrugged distractedly, unable to peel her eager eyes from the gate; Fallon snickering at her words as she pulled her coat tighter around her body, soon turning her attention to the focused Blake.

"So grounder stud really went all reaper coo-coo, huh?"

"Hold your fire! She's back!" Bellamy yelled, ignoring her question and lowering his gun when he saw Clarke approaching from the distance; two gigantic horses with grounders escorting her back.

"Open the gate!"

"Power up the gate! Secure all access points! Stay ready!"

Hollers filled the chilly night, Finn darting worriedly over to Clarke the second she was back within their walls to check on her.

"Shut the gate!" the blonde commanded, whispering something serious to the 17 year old before grabbing his arm and pulling him further inside.

She made a b-line to Abby, who instantly yanked her into a long, tight embrace. Fallon, Raven, and Bellamy scurried over to the Princess; everyone gathering around her. The desire to know was driving them mad— would they be getting their truce? Or would they be dying tonight?