051 you're gonna rot

CHAPTER FIFTY ONE
( you're gonna rot )

OCT 17 & 19, 2149DAYS THIRTY FIVE & THIRTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

OCT 17 & 19, 2149
DAYS THIRTY FIVE & THIRTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

INSOMNIA PLAGUED THE NIGHT. Despite how exhausted her body was after all she'd recently endured whilst escaping Mount Weather, restlessness had latched onto Fallon with no clear intentions of releasing her into a much needed slumber.

She was bothered both by the fact that Raven was still somewhere outside this tent, comforting an undeserving chancellor, and that Dakota was likely lying in a bunk bed with Fox curled up to her side like a cat; blissfully unaware they were prisoners in a hellhole of impending doom.

Faintly, she heard distant shouts of guards manning the camp; some sort of nonthreatening ruckus she had no interest in inserting herself into. It wasn't until she began to hear the loud, unexpected noise of the colossal gate being pulled open did she sit up in her sleeping bag. Were they letting someone out of these mighty walls, or were they letting someone in?

Within seconds, she was on her feet and exiting through the tent flap; yanking her coat tighter around herself in the chilly night. Everyone was gathering as the gate was lugged open, guards futilely commanding the intrigued and worried citizens to stand back. She observed for a moment, eyes scanning the perimeter and looking for some sort of indication as to why they were opening up the gate at this hour.

Quickly, she spotted Raven, a minuscule pang of sympathy hitting her. The mechanic was dragging her immobile leg behind her; the one that had been forever ruined by Murphy's bullet. She'd turned in her crutches for a bulky leg brace, but was still learning how to walk again. The people rushing to the gate took no consideration for the struggling girl; knocking shoulders with her as they crowded and swarmed.

Fallon rolled her eyes, and jogged through the sea of arcadians; shoving her way to the 19 year old with no 'sorrys' or 'excuse me's'. When she reached her, an older man accidentally hit her leg with the toe of his boot; nearly causing her to lose her balance.

"Hey, jackass!! Were you dropped on your head?! Watch where you're going!" she shouted angrily after him as she she put a hand on Raven's shoulder to stabilize her, but he had already disappeared into the crowd.

"Hey! You okay, Reyes?" another voice was thrown into the mix. A man with shaggy, dirty blonde hair appeared on the other side of Raven; apparently having spotted the same problem Fallon had, who was currently knitting her brows with an unfriendly frown.

"Who the hell are you?"

The man glanced confusedly over at Raven, unsure of the hotheaded blonde's odd, out of place question; people still scurrying around them.