064 we survive together

CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR
( we survive together )

CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR( we survive together )

OCT 31, 2149
DAY FORTY NINE ON THE GROUND

THE PERSON PRACTICALLY LAYING ON TOP OF DAKOTA WHEN SHE AWOKE WAS NOT BELLAMY. Vaguely, she could recall Fox tip-toeing into their room early in the am; wedging herself between the couple and stealing all the covers. But she was certain now when her eyes fluttered open to the young girl twisted in the sheets beside her, still peacefully snoozing, that it hadn't been a dream after all. The brunette's leg was swung over the Thompson girl's body, her face buried in the nook of her shoulder as she clung tightly to her; Dakota amazed by how strong her grip was even in her sleep.

She wriggled her arms out from where they were pinned to her side by Fox's rather suffocating embrace, yawning and bringing them up to rub her eyes. She blinked the drowsiness away, lifting her head and craning her neck to peer about the room; Bellamy nowhere to be found. She caught a glimpse of a scrap of paper on his pillow, the girl reaching over to grab it and holding it above her face to observe.

She'd always loved his penmanship, she felt it matched his personality well. It was scribbled messily, but still easily legible; his letters almost mirroring that of a type writer, only more shambolic. He wrote only in uppercase. On the front of the folded note, he had addressed it to DK; the girl chuckling softly at the childlike heart he had sketched next to her name. She straightened it at the crease, opening up the letter and reading it slowly.

DK,

I LEFT EARLY WITH MAYA TO GO GET GUNS FROM THE ARMORY TO GET OUR FRIENDS OUT OF THE DORM WITH. ONCE THEY ARE FREE, THE TOP PRIORITY IS TO DISARM THE ACID FOG. RAVEN'S GOING TO HELP WITH THAT. THE REAPER THREAT HAS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF, ALSO THANKS TO RAVEN. ONCE THAT'S DOWN, I'M GOING TO RELEASE ALL OF THE GROUNDERS TRAPPED IN THE HARVEST CHAMBER. THE REST OF OUR PEOPLE AND ALL THE GROUNDERS STILL OUTSIDE WILL MARCH HERE. THERE WILL BE TOO MANY OF US FOR MOUNT WEATHER TO TAKE AND THEY'LL BE FORCED TO SURRENDER. EVERY CIVILIAN WILL BE SPARED. THIS IS ALL GOING TO BE OVER SOON, AND I'M GOING TO TAKE YOU AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AND MAKE EVERYTHING OKAY. I PROMISE. I CAN'T WAIT TO KISS YOU WHEN THIS IS THROUGH. SEE YOU SOON.

B. BLAKE

Delicately, she ran her finger over the paper's smooth surface as if it was him she was touching. She treasured every piece of it, why wouldn't she? Is it not one of the deepest forms of intimacy to possess a gift in which each word and syllable was carefully chosen for only your eyes to see? She couldn't think of a thing more personal.

A wide grin of surprise and joy was spreading across her face as she re-analyzed his words. "Raven freaking Reyes." she drawled happily, shaking her head in disbelief that the 19 year old was still alive; much less doing what she always seemed to be doing, which was saving everyone's ass by the mere brilliance of her brain.