034 family

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR
( family )

OCT 9, 2149DAY TWENTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

OCT 9, 2149
DAY TWENTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

"SEND US TO EARTH WITHOUT ANY DAMN TREATMENT FOR THINGS LIKE BEE STINGS AND SNAKE BITES." Bellamy hissed to himself, slamming what was left of one of their pathetic med kits shut in utter frustration after once again coming up empty handed.

They'd been scouring the drop ship, the camp yard, and even various tents for nearly half an hour; itching to find something they didn't quite know how to even identify. Nothing was being accomplished, and time was passing against their will.

"Where in the hell is Clarke?!" he turned to the group with gritted teeth; not doing a good job of maintaining his aggravation.

"Worry about one thing at a time, please." Octavia muttered exasperatedly, rifling through a small crate on the third floor alongside Miller, Monroe, and Raven; the brunette girl having come in to help when Murphy had taken over handling Fallon.

"Made any progress?" Jasper's head suddenly popped up from the ladder; instantly gaining everyone's attention.

Concern didn't accurately describe the heaviness radiating through the tense and suffocating atmosphere, everyone desperate and growing increasingly panicked with each passing moment in which there was no new way to help Dakota.

"No. These med-kits suck. Damnit!" Bellamy roared, kicking one of the detached floor seats in anger; Jasper flinching with a gulp, frightened eyes glancing back and forth between everyone.

"What are we supposed to do?!"

Octavia's eyes suddenly widened, growing wild at once. Her brother's expression shifted drastically as he easily caught onto the look of realization spreading across her features; the girl rising quickly to her feet.

"Oct-" he was immediately interrupted.

"Lincoln could have some in his cave!" she exclaimed. She knew the grounder man had already fled at this point, but she also knew he had left many helpful items behind.

"You-" he was interrupted again.

"It's not a far hike and I know my way over there really well!"

"Octavia, listen to me for a damn-"

"This isn't one of the moments where you get to tell me no, Bellamy." she declared sternly, jaw tight.