045 little slice of hell

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
( little slice of hell )

OCT 13 & 14, 2149DAYS THIRTY ONE & THIRTY TWO ON THE GROUND

OCT 13 & 14, 2149
DAYS THIRTY ONE & THIRTY TWO ON THE GROUND

hello hello beautiful people! welcome back to another chapter of kalopsia! : )

this chapter is SO special, due to the appearance of a character i (like many of you) know & love, AVERY, from gladertrash 's vertigo. first off, i want to thank clover for giving me permission to write in an avery cameo for kalopsia. i adore clover, avery, and this stunning story, so getting to include a little piece of it within my own work was magical. i am so excited and grateful they allowed me to do this! if you guys have not read vertigo yet (monty fic), i'm not too sure what you're doing. gladertrash is a fantastic writer and it is such a fun read! love u so so unbelievably much 🍀!

enjoy!

IT TURNS OUT THAT A CAST WAS NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO BREAK WHEN YOU FOSTERED THE KIND of burning, practically tangible anger Fallon Walsh did inside of your soul. Her already broken hand was now smashed and bloody all over again; black and blue with a sickening amount of swelling. All wrapped in a shiny new cast.

After her and Clarke had banged themselves up a little more before commencing a mock screaming match to grab guards' attention— though Fallon had easily gotten a little too absorbed in the 'fake' fight— she had been forced to sit through the hassle of x-rays with Dr. Tsing before being sentenced to a bed in the obnoxiously bright med bay. Both girls were dressed in the same faded, washed out yellow and white medical gowns; the flimsy clothing oversized and hanging loosely from their bodies. The second Tsing exited the huge room, beaming circular lights adorning the cylinder ceiling above, they were on their feet.

"Clarke, look. It's our old pal Langston." Fallon joshed, nodding over to the man asleep in the bed next to her; ignoring the searing pain in her arm.
The Griffin girl was immediately at his side, shaking his shoulder and whispering his name; attempting to wake him from his oddly deep slumber with no avail.

"Langston? Langston? What are they doing to you?"

Soon, their eyes fell to the dialysis shunt embedded in his chest; two clear tubes full of dark blood attached to it. Their gazes followed the long wires up to the ceiling. The tubes vanished inside long, metal pipes lining the entirety of the room and connecting into the walls; meaning they were still going somewhere not visible from med bay.

Somewhere purposefully designed to be hidden.

They both had the same idea, walking over to a large door concealing wherever it was the blood was traveling. With all their might, they pulled ineffectually at the obstacle.