068 in love may you find the next

CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT
( in love may you find the next )

CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT( in love may you find the next )

NOV 2, 2149
DAY FIFTY ONE ON THE GROUND

BIGGER THAN THE WHOLE SKY
━━━ TAYLOR SWIFT

" goodbye, goodbye, goodbye,
you were bigger than the whole sky,
you were more than just a short time. "

FALLON AWOKE TO THE SOUND OF SCREAMS. Vicious, brutal, violent screams.

She was back in the Mount Weather dorm, except the last time she was here, it had been filled with unsuspecting teenagers prancing happily about; listening to music and playing card games. This time, those same kids were lining the concrete walls; hands bound with metal cuffs above their heads as they watched their friends perish one by one. Crimson cloth littered the floor, along with generous smears of blood, and tables had been brought inside so they could openly extract bone marrow right there in front of everyone like it was all a big show.

A place that had once been a bright and shiny sanctuary to kids who'd already seen too much had become a slaughterhouse.

Fallon's tired eyes drifted up to her hands shackled above her head, groaning at her stiff neck. She knew she needed to assess the damage from where she'd been shot, but her head was pounding, her vision blurred. The bandage her mangled limb was swaddled tightly in was already fairly soaked through with that familiar scarlet shade, and she had a feeling the many crumpled pieces of drenched gauze piled at her feet belonged to her, meaning they'd replaced it several times already and she'd lost a lot of blood.

Her focus drifted about the gory dorm as her vision faded in and out, and she began to scan the faces on the walls. The longer she looked and found her eyes not landing on the one person she wanted to see, the more awake she became; grogginess steadily draining from her aching body and being replaced with panic. Raven and Wick were accounted for... Miller and Harper and many of the other delinquents she knew.

But where was she?

"Hey!" Wick piped up from beside her. "She's awake!"

She had been placed between Wick and a stranger, Raven a few bodies away from them. All three of them had cuts and dried blood on their faces from the explosion, Raven battered and bruised the worst.

At his words, the mechanic leaned forward, peering past the people between them to see her. "Fallon!"

They could hardly hear each other over the cacophony of torture and the children's harrowing yowls of anguish. Raven observed the cadaverous color of the blonde's pallid features and the thin layer of cold sweat sparkling against the streaks of red still on her face, hairline damp and lips dry— she looked bad. But Fallon didn't seem concerned at all about her own state, her half-closed eyes searching frantically for something in the room.