062 the devil herself

CHAPTER SIXTY TWO
( the devil herself )

OCT 29 & 30, 2149DAYS FORTY SEVEN & FORTY EIGHT ON THE GROUND

OCT 29 & 30, 2149
DAYS FORTY SEVEN & FORTY EIGHT ON THE GROUND

BLOOD // WATER
━━━ GRANDSON

" now i am the violence,
i am the sickness. "

THE MORE THE GUARDS INFILTRATED THE DORM, THE MORE VIOLENT BOTH SIDES BECAME. What was left of the 46 was tired of their friends being taken, and Mount Weather was tired of the relentless fight the kids were putting up.

After talking to Raven and Clarke on the radio, and the three deciding he needed to address the change in leadership before attempting to disable the acid fog, Bellamy had learned that each Mount Weather guard had their own pair of the extra-heavy gear like the kind being used to storm the dorm; including Lovejoy. Maya had brilliantly realized it and used the man's keycard to snag the uniform from his locker room, giving it to the Blake.

So now here he stood, just outside the double doors disguised by helmet and goggles, stolen armor covering his body and a large gun in his arms. Frankly, the boy was petrified. He knew it would take more self control than he believed himself to have to refrain from joining their side and fighting right then and there with his friends. But he couldn't blow his cover, not when there was still so much he needed to accomplish.

The grievous buzz sounded in the atmosphere, and he took a deep breath; preparing himself as best as he could. All he wanted to do was get a gun to them, and get out; the extra weapon hidden in his vest. The heavy doors were kicked open a little harder than normal, barking out harsh warnings as they marched inside.

"BACK! I SAID GET BACK!"

"Alright, here we go. Come on, just like we talked about!" Jasper ordered, all of the delinquents linking arms and puffing their chests out; forming a blockade with their bodies.

Bellamy faltered when he saw Dakota, the hefty tramping of his booted feet slowing down; becoming instantly distracted. Her arms were looped tightly with Harper and Monty's, her chin lifted with a menacing scowl on her face; sending venomous daggers at the men advancing towards them. She was stationed on the front lines, valiantly standing as close to the enemy as she could possibly get; making herself a more obvious target to help protect the others.

The Blake's muscles tensed further, pain radiating through his jaw at how hard he gritted his teeth. It took the boy everything in him not to fire bullets into the backs of the men stomping towards her, shoving the nose of their guns up to her chest. Desperately, he wanted to scoop her into his arms and flee the scene without a second thought; spend the rest of his days protecting her and keeping her from something like this ever happening again. Right now, in this moment, it was killing him to love her. But he forced his eyes away from her and shunned the hatred tugging at his heart. He kept walking, kept playing the part.